Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banruptcy 7/05 ??????

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Banruptcy 7/05 ??????

Hey

I was just wondering I know a chpater 7 BK is removed from your credit report after 10 years (public record)

Is it the same time frame for the accounts that were listed on the BK to fall off of your reports??

I pulled my fico TU report and it gives dates for drop offs....looks like some of the baddies that were included will come off this year....yeahSmiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Banruptcy 7/05 ??????

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Hey

I was just wondering I know a chpater 7 BK is removed from your credit report after 10 years (public record)

Is it the same time frame for the accounts that were listed on the BK to fall off of your reports??

I pulled my fico TU report and it gives dates for drop offs....looks like some of the baddies that were included will come off this year....yeahSmiley Very Happy

My Chapter 7 BK just went away by itself without me having to do anything but always double check to make sure it has dropped off.

(With thanks to beamMEup for this information)

Ch 7 BK's report for 10 years after filing date.

CH 13 BK's report for 7 years after filing date if they're completed and discharged.

CH 13 BK's that are not completed (dismissed) report for 7 years after filing date on Experian and TU, and for 10 years after filing date on Equifax.

Items IIB report for 7 years. I'll add that I believe (and could be wrong) that the IIB notation reports for 7 years, but the account remains for about ten years after closed. If that's the case (hopefully someone else can confirm this) the account would be positively reporting for a few years before it drops.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 8
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

thanks for the info......

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

Items IIB report for 7 years. I'll add that I believe (and could be wrong) that the IIB notation reports for 7 years, but the account remains for about ten years after closed. If that's the case (hopefully someone else can confirm this) the account would be positively reporting for a few years before it drops.

That's my understanding as well.  When that IIB notation ages off, the account can and often does still report for another 3 years or so as a clean account.  bonus!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopping in with a question- if the fall off date for an item IIB is say 10/2012 it won't fall off that date? It will fall off in another 7 years from BK date?
Message 5 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Hopping in with a question- if the fall off date for an item IIB is say 10/2012 it won't fall off that date? It will fall off in another 7 years from BK date?

When was the filing date for the BK?

I've found the drop off dates on reports to be pretty accurate. That date of 10/2012 should be right.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

BK is brand new- just discharged ch7 in November so I am now trying to rebuild.
Message 7 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
BK is brand new- just discharged ch7 in November so I am now trying to rebuild.

Then any items IIB will report for 7 years from their date of delinquency.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.