Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banruptcy Fraud

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Banruptcy Fraud

I am wanting to know how to get bankruptcies off of my credit report that someone else filed?  This person filed bankruptcy 9 times in my name and they are all showing on my credit report.  I did not and have not EVER filed bankruptcy myself.  This person is a family member and has been convicted of bankruptcy fraud and has served time in prison for this, but they are still showing on my credit report.  How can I get these off of my credit report?  I have filed a dispute and one of the agencies took just one of the bankruptcies off, but left the others.  PLEASE HELP!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Banruptcy Fraud

Well if you have information on the case you should send a copy of the conviction to the 3CB and dispute this on your credit report first it will have to undergo verification and if it does not get corrected send documentation of this BK fraud.

Best of luck
Message 2 of 4
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Keep disputing until they all come off. If that fails, start filing complaints with the appropriate governmental bodies. But, how in the world can a person file BK 9 TIMES IN YOUR NAME?
Message 3 of 4
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am wanting to know how to get bankruptcies off of my credit report that someone else filed? This person filed bankruptcy 9 times in my name and they are all showing on my credit report. I did not and have not EVER filed bankruptcy myself. This person is a family member and has been convicted of bankruptcy fraud and has served time in prison for this, but they are still showing on my credit report. How can I get these off of my credit report? I have filed a dispute and one of the agencies took just one of the bankruptcies off, but left the others. PLEASE HELP!

I strongly suggest you talk to a local lawyer where you reside, most charge nothing for the initial consultation so you risk nothing by talking to one. This situation sounds like all kinds of hairy, so I would be extremely careful about any advice given on an Internet discussion board. The best action will depend on multiple Federal and State laws and what sounds like a very complicated set of facts.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.