Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay after chapter 7

tag
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

Barclay after chapter 7

I’ve seen a lot of post on here showing that Barclays seems to be very bk friendly. There’s one question I haven’t been able to find the answer to. The majority of the posts I’ve read show that Barclays likes 6-12 months of rebuilding history ( I’ve seen some posts with less but this seems to be the average) now my question is, after some rebuilding history is Barclays still going to care about scores or just history? Cause I know normally Barclays likes at very least a 600 TU.
Bk Chp. 7 Discharged 04/13/2018
Date of filing: 01/11/2018
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclay after chapter 7

I never really think “score” is the deciding factor.

I applied for Barclays Uber Visa 1 month post discharge with a 597 TU and was declined because of insufficient rebuild. They told me if i had 2 accounts with 5-6months history i would be approved.

I applied again this month just for fun and had a 630TU Fico. They didn’t repull automatically so I called and spoke with a credit analyst. I gave him the info and he said that i still need at least 3 more months of history.
Message 2 of 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Barclays like to see a minimum of 6 months of "payments" history on your reports with at least 2 cards post BK DC for best results. So, id wait until you have that showing first on your reports before applying.

They also are somewhat INQ sensitive...so, don't rack up INQ and a bunch a new accounts at least 3-4 months before you want to apply.
Message 3 of 11
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

So I called the backdoor number to clear something up. All my accounts are opened as of my discharge in april. I have a 2 year au account that they said wouldn't count as a rebuild. but they said a joint holder account is history they would look at. I'm joint with my mother on a us bank card opened last year. so depeneding what my tu score looks like when that account starts to report then maybe ill think about applying 

Message 4 of 11
nykos5000
Regular Contributor

My experience with Barclay's is that they definitely want at least 6 months of rebuild with 2 cards. I got in with Credit One and tried applying a few months after with a denial. Went to Merrick then Cap1 while closing Credit One and I finally got in. I was trying for their Arrival+ card but changed to applying for the Apple Rewards before I was approved. Their Apple Rewards and Uber card prob have easier requirements versus their other cards. 

BK7 08/2016 | DC 12/2016

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My ch 7 was discharge on 2/18 and I was approved for a barclay apple rewards visa today 1500 SL so they definitely will consider with a short rebuild. I have 3 revolving lines since discharge with 15 inq on TU and Fico just under 600 so it's definitely possible
Message 6 of 11
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

If you don’t mind, when did you open the 3 lines? Was it an instant approval or recon and if you know, what was your TU when you were approved? Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see you posted this in May. Did you really agree 3 months? If so, what were the results? Thanks in advance.
Message 8 of 11
jonnyc
Regular Contributor

I tried on June 6th, the main reason for denial was 1) not enough re establishment history, also 2) I had opened too many new accounts too recently. I’m planning on trying in November or December.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burn Barclays as well as American Express and discover and Chase in my previous bankruptcy 2 years ago. I have several credit cards as well as an auto loan now but they're all through Capital One who can I get a credit card with so that I can diversify away from Capital One my credit score is about 650 on average

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.