cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Scores with BK reporting? Looking for Motivation :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Scores with BK reporting? Looking for Motivation :)

Filed BK13 on Feb 2, 2019. Equifax 591 Transunion 632 Experian 641. My equifax was 578 like 2 days ago but I updated my equifax report today and it went up. Not really sure what happened.

Message 11 of 24
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

March 2011 and just passed the 8 year discharge mark. Slowly creeping up.  2 new personal cards the past 5-6 months along with BoA rejection.

EX-661

TU-673

EQ-705

R.I.P Cards 

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores were in the low 400's for years prior to filing Chapter 7.   I was keeping 1/2 of my credit cards current and let 1/2 go to collections.   When I started to get sued, I filed.  Filed in April of this year, scores were 430's.   Still not discharged yet, but my transunion is now at 678!  I keep thinking it's a mistake.  I guess time will tell.  

Message 13 of 24
Yeliaba1
Frequent Contributor

BK CH13- Just waiting to be discharged.  Scores 678- 702.

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am 6 month DC ch 7. My scores were in mid 400's before filing, low 500's after filing, now mid 600's (see siggy).

And middle mortgage score has jumped to 650, woohoo!
Message 15 of 24
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Im going on 11 months post discharge

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

21 months post ch7 discharge 685 Transunion, 682 Equifax (CK). Fico score 8 - 690, Fico score 9 - 710.
I just paid off all my credits card down to $0 (total of close to a $1,000 within 3 different accounts) and hoping for a jump on my scores in May.
Message 17 of 24
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My scores were in the low 400's for years prior to filing Chapter 7.   I was keeping 1/2 of my credit cards current and let 1/2 go to collections.   When I started to get sued, I filed.  Filed in April of this year, scores were 430's.   Still not discharged yet, but my transunion is now at 678!  I keep thinking it's a mistake.  I guess time will tell.  

Yes its true. Some people get a score increase because your no longer in debt. I cringe when I see people go app crazy after filing. It may help with getting unsecured cards like Cap1 and Disco in time and you wont have to go the vulture secured route.

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I only know experian FICO 8.. 658. Discharge for chapter 7 is 3 months almost exactly.

I have done too much really in a short period of time so I'm betting that's hurting my score. So, I'm in the garden now for one year.... or maybe longer... depending on how nice the two current companies are to me in the next year.

I have a mortgage that I reaffirmed, two unsecured credit cards limits total is 3300.... will go up automatically another 500 at least by July. I have one store card limit 2800. I have one store card from prebankruptcy reporting as 3000 avail... even tho that's not really true.... I leave it because it looks good.
Message 19 of 24
Malike
Established Member

I'm waiting for discharge in June and am not sure how this all works but my scores are currently 738 742 and 735 with all accounts showing IIB. I had nothing in collections or no late payments pre-chapter 7 but I suspect the scores will tank when I get my discharge.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.