Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big FICO8 score increase on 1 year anniversary of BK7 filing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big FICO8 score increase on 1 year anniversary of BK7 filing

We had filed our bk7 in Nov 2017 and were discharged in Feb this year.  This morning I noticed my EX FICO8 has jumped 17 points and TU by 10 points since last month. No change in the EQ score. Current FICO8 EX/EQ/TU - 668/667/653. I am assuming the "Time Since Negative" factor probably played a role here since it turned 1 year today though TU still shows 11 months.

DW's scores also saw similar changes. EX jumped 14 points. Her current FICO8 EX/EQ/TU - 672/674/646

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Big FICO8 score increase on 1 year anniversary of BK7 filing

Message 2 of 6
rbentley
Established Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Good possibilty that may have happened, This chart floats around here on how lates affect scores. There can also be many other factors. Since you only posted the lates. Check it out.

fico8 lates versus time.png

Not to get off the topic of the BK& 1 year anniversary, but the late chart is very interesting to me.  Do red and blue lines (30 and 60 day lates) merge at 2 years and then become the same for aging purposes.  It looks like a 25 pt loss at 48 + months and on. No decrease at 60 or 72 months? Is that accurate?  What if you have two 30 day lates that are post 48 months.

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Brain fart

Message 4 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

My bad. I misread your post. I thought you were talking about lates. For me. I saw no real change after my 1, 2, or 3 yrs anniversary. Could have been. But I was rebuilding the whole time. So I couldnt tell if was age of the BK or the growth of my rebuild. So sorry.

Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@rbentley wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Good possibilty that may have happened, This chart floats around here on how lates affect scores. There can also be many other factors. Since you only posted the lates. Check it out.

fico8 lates versus time.png

Not to get off the topic of the BK& 1 year anniversary, but the late chart is very interesting to me.  Do red and blue lines (30 and 60 day lates) merge at 2 years and then become the same for aging purposes.  It looks like a 25 pt loss at 48 + months and on. No decrease at 60 or 72 months? Is that accurate?  What if you have two 30 day lates that are post 48 months.

Were both sitting at a 20 point loss until 7 yrs  according to the chart. Apologize again. I thought I was responding to another thread. LOL!!!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.