cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bk Ch 13 Paid / Discharged: Now Waiting, and Waiting!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bk Ch 13 Paid / Discharged: Now Waiting, and Waiting!

As a "Reader" for the past 6 weeks, I have learned alot, Thank You!

Waiting is not my strong suit, but I will join the cue of everyone here, and wait.

I have my calendar and tentative list of actions to apply at different CC vendors.

When  will vendors be receptive to a Paid in Full Chapter 13 CC applicant?

Thanks in Advance,   :- )

Ch 13 Paid in Full:  03/29/16
Ch 13 Discharged: 05/03/16

* waiting on Trustee's Final Report in the "mail"

03/17/16 Fico 8 Scores: EQ 546, TU 501, EX 548
05/05/16 Fico 8 Scores: EQ 553, TU 523, EX 548

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bk Ch 13 Paid / Discharged: Now Waiting, and Waiting!

I am waiting for my last payment to be made at the end of this month too.  The "not knowing when" part anticipation is nerve racking....

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am waiting for my last payment to be made at the end of this month too.  The "not knowing when" part anticipation is nerve racking....

Joot,  like you, I was waiting for my "last" payment. But along the entire process, there seems to be delays that pop up.

I'm at the point now where all I do is "simply" adjust my time interval.  Not that I am happy about it, it is the only option.

I am now conditioned by having read many posts on this site,  that this is the only "sane" frame of mind for me to embrace. Not that I want to, but it is a reality.

I have a physical calendar, to keep track of things I do, such as opening savings accounts right now.  All I can do from there is just plan forward and adjust.

With things I have gleaned from this site, I have tried to put together information on different CC vendors I would like to use, how they conduct themselves, say are they BK Friendly, or much more conservative or even repelled by the fact. Can I go to them once my file with the CBR's are cleaned up? Or do I have to wait and have more positive and responsible history under my belt and "documented".

So I have tried to spend my time both constructive and in a positive manner. As well as getting enough physical exercise regularly so that I am exhausted and sleep well.

For I have miles to go before I can really sleep well.

Stay Positive!

* waiting on Trustee's Final Report  in the "mail"

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Waiting is not my strong suit, but I will join the cue of everyone here, and wait.

I have my calendar and tentative list of actions to apply at different CC vendors.

Hi OP! I was just discharged in 2/16. I got one of my goal cards two months later. Initially applied less than a month later, because I sent my discharge in to all bureaus the day I got it and it updated the same week. I was denied and reconned and denied again. I recently got the card after cold apping because I didn't prequalify for anything. I have two Amwx cards now! Smiley Very Happy 

I would suggest waiting so you don't get too many HPs. That two months flew by for me because I was busy organizing a strategy for improving overall credit.

Good Luck!

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi OP! I was just discharged in 2/16. I got one of my goal cards two months later. Initially applied less than a month later, because I sent my discharge in to all bureaus the day I got it and it updated the same week. I was denied and reconned and denied again. I recently got the card after cold apping because I didn't prequalify for anything. I have two Amwx cards now! Smiley Very Happy 

I would suggest waiting so you don't get too many HPs. That two months flew by for me because I was busy organizing a strategy for improving overall credit.

Good Luck!

Good Recommendation: "Wait ~ Two months flew by!"

Thanks for the comments. I actually had a similar thought one day after I heard I got Discharged!

Self:  Why hurry? Social calendar says this, why not then? No need to really hurry? I can wait a bit, right? Right?

So that was my self-thought. Letting the dust settle a bit, see what happens in the interim.

In the long run, 6-8 weeks will not matter, only now.  (Right:?)

So can I resist, and be self-disciplined? Got to, my new life is that of a Gardener.

* I have also taken the initiative and opened some savings accounts at recommended CU's and a bank.

First Step: Secured Cards.

Later Step: Preferred Vendors who want to see some "Proof is in the Pudding" of paying off monthly balance on time, low utilization rate, restrained spending.

Thanks for sharing!

Message 5 of 19
JPerk
Established Member

Still waiting for my discharge...73 days now! Driving me nuts. All payments have cleared, but still no movement. Final payment 2/16/16 Notice of plan completion sent 2/26/16....Wait, wait, and wait

Message 6 of 19
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@JPerk wrote:

Still waiting for my discharge...73 days now! Driving me nuts. All payments have cleared, but still no movement. Final payment 2/16/16 Notice of plan completion sent 2/26/16....Wait, wait, and wait

I'd look for it this month.

Up to 90 days is the norm... I sent my final payment 2/11/13 and got discharged 5/8/13.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JPerk wrote:

JPerk

* having read your previous posts, they were the catalyst for me to go from silent reader to an actual poster on this site.

I was in agony reading your saga, and it still hurts seeing it.

Having questions go unanswered that I asked of my attorney, I contacted the Trustee's office to open up a simple dialogue. I was able to ask easy questions of the Admin Assistant about my case such as: How much is my payoff bill? When will all of my creditors be paid? How long after that will "X" happen?

The most important thing I learned was that creditor "payments" are made once a month, period. Meaning your Lump Sum payment can sit there for 20+ days before it goes out to creditors.

Secondly, on Ch 13, an attorney can file a request for additional charges to be assessed for their work. This happened to me. Why do I mention it? The Attorney failed to get his request submitted before the Trustee's monthly deadline for consideration, while knowing full well that from MY specific conversation with him about the completion / payoff / Discharge Order time line I was familiar with, and wanted it to happen SOONER rather than later. * * * so inspite of all of my efforts and DIRECT communication, the attorney's shortcoming provided me the opportunity to WAIT another 30 days.

Third, I intentionally handsomely OVER PAID on my own to the Ch 13 Trustee system, so that there would be no surprise math error to make me wait "an additional" 30 days.

Once the end was in sight, I did everything I could think of to make the process bullet proof, and to conclude smoothly and on time. Yet it still hasn't happened.

Having been informed that I have a Discharge Date ordered by the Court & Judge, does not mean that the Order and refund payment have actually been sent, that is, put in the postal system. Until I have it in hand, it is still just promises.

JPerk, I do feel your pain, and frustration. You are not alone.

Message 8 of 19
JPerk
Established Member

@TRC_WA wrote:

@JPerk wrote:

I'd look for it this month.

Up to 90 days is the norm... I sent my final payment 2/11/13 and got discharged 5/8/13.

I sure hope so!

Message 9 of 19
JPerk
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@JPerk wrote:

JPerk

* having read your previous posts, they were the catalyst for me to go from silent reader to an actual poster on this site.

I was in agony reading your saga, and it still hurts seeing it.

Having questions go unanswered that I asked of my attorney, I contacted the Trustee's office to open up a simple dialogue. I was able to ask easy questions of the Admin Assistant about my case such as: How much is my payoff bill? When will all of my creditors be paid? How long after that will "X" happen?

The most important thing I learned was that creditor "payments" are made once a month, period. Meaning your Lump Sum payment can sit there for 20+ days before it goes out to creditors.

Secondly, on Ch 13, an attorney can file a request for additional charges to be assessed for their work. This happened to me. Why do I mention it? The Attorney failed to get his request submitted before the Trustee's monthly deadline for consideration, while knowing full well that from MY specific conversation with him about the completion / payoff / Discharge Order time line I was familiar with, and wanted it to happen SOONER rather than later. * * * so inspite of all of my efforts and DIRECT communication, the attorney's shortcoming provided me the opportunity to WAIT another 30 days.

Third, I intentionally handsomely OVER PAID on my own to the Ch 13 Trustee system, so that there would be no surprise math error to make me wait "an additional" 30 days.

Once the end was in sight, I did everything I could think of to make the process bullet proof, and to conclude smoothly and on time. Yet it still hasn't happened.

Having been informed that I have a Discharge Date ordered by the Court & Judge, does not mean that the Order and refund payment have actually been sent, that is, put in the postal system. Until I have it in hand, it is still just promises.

JPerk, I do feel your pain, and frustration. You are not alone.

As far as I know all I'm waiting on is the discharge. I got my refund in March...two of them actually. One from the trustee, and a secodn that they retruned to my work that was ceditied to my pay check...that one took 6 weeks to show up in my pay after they got the check. Fingers crossed for it to be final this month....
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.