Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bk friendly creditors

tag
hrguy
Valued Member

Re: Bk friendly creditors

Good work Dizzydee, just be mindful opening so many new accounts after that Barclay card...they watch you for about 6 months after issueing and have been known to shut down cards for excessive new accounts after they give you a cardSmiley Indifferent

Filed BK 7: 2/28/2012 | Discharged: 7/24/2012
POST BK APPROVALS:
NFCU nRewards Secured Visa: $1000 7/12| Apple FCU Secured Visa: $1000 9/12
Toyota Finance Lease: 0% | 0.0008 MF 10/12
Barclay Apple Finance Visa: $2200 1/13
NFCU cashRewards Visa: $2500 3/13

Message 41 of 61
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

does anyone know barclays recon #?

thanks

Message 42 of 61
Scupra
Super Contributor

There is a sticky in the "credit cards" section of backdoor numbers if you ever need more Smiley Happy Here is barclays though 

Barclays: 888-232-0780 (Customer Care)

Barclays: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst)

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 43 of 61
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

thanks for the #

called barclays to recon  but it was a no go.

if u included them in your bk they will NOT approve you.if u do get approved consider yourself VERY  lucky

Message 44 of 61
Scupra
Super Contributor

I have heard that Barclays prefers you to be 12 months post BK with no baddies after BK. They want to see you prove yourself haha

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 45 of 61
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Barclay also wants to see revolving credit after bankruptcy. I filed in April 2011. Got a car loan in April 2012, and they denied me because of no revolving credit in June 2012. So I open two Capone cards and tried and was approved this week. Thanks to reading the forums they want at least a year out and 6 months of revolving credit before approving. But I do have a baddie on my report. One of my student loans is showing collections, just finish rehabilitation, and showing a late April 2012 on another loan. I got the apple Barclay Card.

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 46 of 61
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Unique620 wrote:
Barclay also wants to see revolving credit after bankruptcy. I filed in April 2011. Got a car loan in April 2012, and they denied me because of no revolving credit in June 2012. So I open two Capone cards and tried and was approved this week. Thanks to reading the forums they want at least a year out and 6 months of revolving credit before approving. But I do have a baddie on my report. One of my student loans is showing collections, just finish rehabilitation, and showing a late April 2012 on another loan. I got the apple Barclay Card.

Congrats man! Glad you got it, gardening until 10/2013 and then app for thre barclays

801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
Message 47 of 61
Larryhay
Established Member

Re: Bk friendly creditors-

ref: Barclays

Ch 7  fIled 11/2011 Discharged  2/2012

After applying and denied twice before, I caught up on the forums, well...as much as one can

I applied and was approved for Barclays Oct 2012, for $500 CL for the NFL card  (which is 11 months after filing, only  8 months after discharge

Most of the remarks concerning Barclay is that one of the main factors they are looking for is 6 months of revolving history (like the Cap1 secured,etc)

AND low utilization  (as in <30%)    There are also numerous notes about not having too many inquiries, or certainly keeping a close eye on any new inquiries that pull Transunion for the next 3-6 months.

I had the Orchard Bank for 6-7 months, and a 5/3 secured MC for $500 for about 5 months, and started it all with the Fingerhut Freshstart, then WebBank Credit for $200 CL

In Oct, was approved for Barclays NFL  card for $500, and then also the GECRB/Walmart for $150

Credit Karma TU 624, Sept Fici TU 637    (My Fico EQ is 651, not that Barclays or GE uses that )

Gardening for 6 months after the 1st CC and utilization <20%  seem to be more important than waiting till 1 year after D/C

After my discharge in Feb 2012, around April 2012 I was very disorganized and scattered in my credit inquiries, so I was very lucky after reading up and getting the Barclays, I am not even thinking about any card that pulls Transunion

Myself, I have to read up more on hear about the Discover More card, but am focused on Gardening and  letting the GE/Walmart and Barclays grow.

Not trying to keep you out of gardening, which is always a good idea, it's just that if or once you have a 6 month revolving track record, with decent Utilization showing, you have a decent shot at getting in the door with Barclays

Hope some of that helps

Starting Score: 589
12/1/2012 Fico EQ 651 Fico TU 637 CK TU 608 0

07/15/2013 Fico EQ 674 Fico TU 652 CK TU 651 0
Goal Score: 705+

Current Score:
9.21.14 FICO EQ 686

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

7/13/2013 Fico EQ 674 TU Fico 652
Message 48 of 61
Unique620
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Scupra! Smiley Very Happy

Mcu_platinum_cardDiscoverQuicksilverAmazonFreedomSapphirePenFed_Credit_Union_Power_Cash_CardAMEX_BCPDeltaHhiltonAmex_platinumAppleNavy PlatinumCash rewardsNavy Platinum

Message 49 of 61
ultimatefighter
Valued Member

Nothing that most have not noted but here were the creditors that I got approved for post BK ...

1. HSBC - They were the first true and legitimate creditor to offer me UNSECURED fair credit cards and rates. None of these "loan shark" type terms with crazy annual fees and APR. My BK was in 10/2005 and they approved me for me 2 credit cards in 08/2006. Only 8 months out! One was for $5500 and the other for $2000. No annual fees! Then in 11/2006 I opened and still have the Best Buy Mastercard from HSBC. That one was for $1500 and did have a $39 annual fee but I shopped a lot at Best Buy and earned way more back than $39 to more than off set the fee.

My wife also got generous credit from HSBC. She got an Orchard Bank Visa Card (HSBC is the bank behind them) and an HSBC Mastercard too. Both were about $2K each, they did have a $39 annual fee though.

2. WAMU - Well before Chase bought them out, they were the MOST generous. In 04/2007, just barely 16 months post BK, they gave me a $12K MasterCard, no annual fees. They gave my wife a $10K MasterCard no annual fee!! Incredible!! However, I did learn a valuable lesson, you do want to USE your credit card a little bit. When the credit/housing/mortgage world went really bad a few years back, they started to tighten up and they closed my wife's Mastercard for "no use." No notice or warning, just one day a letter saying, because of the lack of use, they are closing the account. We thought we were doing good, we only used my card and her's always had a zero balance, well it worked too well apparently. My 12K Mastercard did not get closed although since I would never use anywhere near the 12K limit, they did drop the credit line to $9400. Still more than enough and we still use it today ... although now it is a Chase card.

3. Chase -- This is an interesting story, when WAMU was bought by Chase, I was scared to death they would close my credit card account, not only because Chase is known to be a much less friendly creditor to BK's, but I had at least one Chase card on my BK. Well, to my relief, they changed over and everything was perfectly smooth. They replaced my WAMU card with an even better Chase Rewards MasterCard. Same numbers, no annual fee, etc. It's my/our primary card to this date. Now, would I have been approved for a credit card had I just directly applied to Chase? Probably not at the time, so clearly I benefitted from the takeover, however, if they were that unfriendly, they could have easily closed my account during the transition but they did not. So I'm thankful and now a loyal Chase customer for credit card and banking!

4. Capital One - Another interesting one, I have NOT applied directly to Capital One, though from everyone's feedback, it's pretty apparent they are fairly BK friendly. However, like my Chase example, Capital One bought out many/most of HSBC's accounts so my Best Buy Mastercard for instance is now a Capital One account. I had multiple Capital One accounts on my BK, so I was also relieved to see the accounts transition over without issue. Again, they are friendly enough to continue my account.

5. Barclay - I applied last December for a Travelocity AMEX and was instantly approved for $4K, no annual fee. I was thrilled!! My wife applied for the Apple Finance Visa, turns out it is just a simple Visa card when you actually get it, but she was approved instantly for $2K, no annual fee.

6. Target Red Card - I heard that Target is BK friendly and I shop there plenty so decided to apply and instantly got approved for $1K! With a 5% discount when use the card at Target, I should have applied years ago, I could've saved thousands of dollars!! My wife also applied for the red card and got approved too ... but only for $300?! I called in to see if we could then just combine our cards and get a $1300 CL but they said that would not work so right now we just use my $1K card and she gardens her $300 Red Card. $1K is more than enough at Target.

7. The Future! At the beginning of January 2013, I've decided to treat myself to a post 7 year BK, Christmas and New Year gift and apply for a nice Visa card. Visa signature ideally! My numbers are high enough that I'm very confident, I'll get approved for anything now. However, I want to "reward" the creditors who have been good to me so I'm leaning on a Barclays Visa Card. Maybe the Virgin America, Priceline or one of their Visa Signature cards. The other possibility is a Capital One card ... Ventureone Plus Visa maybe. The final option is getting a Discover Card. I've actually started getting "pre-qualified" solicitations from them. The only issue is who takes Discover these days? I only had one in my pre-BK days because that was the only card Costco took but now it's AMEX so I'm covered there.

So I'm open to ideas and recommendations on my next card. Anyone have any?! I'd love to hear from you!! Thanks!

Current Score: EQUIFAX 706
Current Score: EXPERIAN 712
Current Score: TRANS UNION 722
BK in 10/2005

Message 50 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.