Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bk on student loan and wells fargo reaffirm

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bk on student loan and wells fargo reaffirm

Two questions... One is if I reaffirm my wells fargo mortgage will they really wait till im discharged and report to credit bureas again? They said they would when I called but idk if I should trust them.

Second, Will the trustee send me some kind of paperwork at discharge time stating what was discharged? (I ask because my student loans were listed on BK and I saw that its rare but possible to discharge them.)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Bk on student loan and wells fargo reaffirm

Hi OP...I don't have much experience with reaffirmming a house, but others hopefully will pipe in. As far as DC paperwork, yes you will receive copies of the official DC.

Your attorney should know whether or not your school loans were DC'ed or not. You have to show/prove that continuing to keep the loans post DC will undoubtledly provide a continued hardship to you financially, which your attorney would of had to already talk to the trustee about and prove. It will be up to the trustee if they want to DC them.

Id call this office and inquire. Also, if these are federal student loans, and they do get IIB, you won't ever be able to have federal student loans again, you'll be flagged in their system, so you'll have to go with private loans.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah ok. Thank you for your reply. Then I doubt it is being discharged since its in disability discharge anyway.
Message 3 of 5
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ah ok. Thank you for your reply. Then I doubt it is being discharged since its in disability discharge anyway.

You never know! It does happen from time to time, maybe you'll be a lucky one who does! Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can cross my fingers! Haha
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.