Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA reported derogatory after ch7 filing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA reported derogatory after ch7 filing

I just noticed that while my foreclosure had dropped off the other cra's transunion still lists my boa mortgage as a derogatory that was reported after I filed ch7(3-12-15), but just a few days before it was discharged, 6/19/15.

This does not appear to be updated since it was posted. Just sitting there, an aging derogatory, $ 0 owed, 0 late. Mentions ch7 in comments.

This does not appear on equifax or experian. Are they supposed to purge this acct due to the ch7 ?

Should I leave this alone because it is an old account which may help my average age of account? Can't imagine it matters much anymore.

Should I open a dispute ?

fico 669 on experian. don't know transunion fico.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BoA reported derogatory after ch7 filing

@Anonymous wrote:

I just noticed that while my foreclosure had dropped off the other cra's transunion still lists my boa mortgage as a derogatory that was reported after I filed ch7(3-12-15), but just a few days before it was discharged, 6/19/15.

This does not appear to be updated since it was posted. Just sitting there, an aging derogatory, $ 0 owed, 0 late. Mentions ch7 in comments.

This does not appear on equifax or experian. Are they supposed to purge this acct due to the ch7 ? No, it can remain on file for up to 7.5 yrs from the accounts DoFD

Should I leave this alone because it is an old account which may help my average age of account? Derogs outweight AAoA concerns Can't imagine it matters much anymore.

Should I open a dispute ? No, leave it alone a dispute when it updates is going to change the status date resulting in a drop in Fico score.

fico 669 on experian. don't know transunion fico.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.