Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bureau updating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bureau updating

I filed May 8. Had my 304 meeting on June 12th. I have to say immediately Equifax got to work updating my report. Everything now shows closed w/zero balance for now but Transunion and Experian not so much. I'm still getting alerts that accounts are still reporting delinquent that was IIB. These same accounts that have updated with Equifax. Transunion just updated the Cap1 account as closed about a week ago. Experian has updated nothing yet. Is this an "over-time" thing? I'll be discharging next in August. Will I have to wait until after discharge to start disputing any accounts that still have not updated accurately? My concern is that I've officially filed Chap7 with these accounts and they're still reporting negatively. Have not even closed as least.
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Bureau updating

The CRA's dont update untill someone from the credit companies tell them. They know you filed by a third party that reports the BK. It can take up to 30 days till everything is updated after DC. Which I see your waiting for at the moment. Then pull your reports and then make sure everyone reports IIB and 0 balance. If not then dispute. Your not done till that DC paper shows up on PACER or is mailed to you by your lawyer. Theres alot that goes on with your reports until it all settles and is completed. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it doesn't update after a few months don't worry about it.  You can always dispute the accuracy of the CB info regarding the accounts which should then fix the issue.   CB info isn't always accurate.....most times its not when it comes to a BK.

Message 3 of 5
twiddledee
Contributor

I recently went thru this exact same concern....EQ started updating almost immediatley after filing, then the day after my official discharge on pacer, TU and EX blew up my FICO account with updates.....all 12 updated as 0 balance and IIB.  Awaiting my next report on July 18 to see how everything looks.  It does take some time and will happen. 

Good luck

Message 4 of 5
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

diety23,

The credit bureaus are not going to update the accounts until the lenders send the CB's the information. At this point of your bankruptcy, I personally wouldn't worry about. Everything will update to IIB about 30(maybe 60 if someone is slow to update) days after your BK discharges.

I would go back and check 30 days after to BK discharges to make sure all the accounts report correctly. I remember from mine, I had to send proof that my bk was discharged and a credit card was included to get it updated correctly. 

Hang in there, everything will work out in the end.

Guyatthebeach

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.