Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burn List

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Burn List

I don't know if there is a sticky for this , but the wife and I are a couple of months out of a Chapter 7 discharge and rebuilding credit. So far I've got a secured Merrick ($200) and a Fingerhut ($1000). It's a start. The wife has a $500 secured USBANK and a $500 Fingerhut.

Anyway - I thought I would share my BK Burn list for those that think there is no life after BK.

Here you go!

AMEX/DSNB $ 1.8k
BOA 10.2k
BARCLAYS 4.3k
CAP1 5.3k
CAP1 2.2k
CAP1 1.7k
CAP1 1.5k
CBNA 2.7k
CBNA .8k
CITICARDS CBNA 5.2k
CITICARDS CBNA 2.8k
DFS/WEBBANK .3k
DISCOVER .7k
FNB OMAHA 1.3k
FNB OMAHA .8k
JPMCB 4.0k
JPMCB 3.9k
JPMCB 1.5k
JPMCB 1.4k
MERRICK 5.0k
NFCU 28.9k
NFCU 19.6k
NFCU 18.2k
NFCU 18.2k
NFCU 15.1k
NFCU 14.9k
NFCU 3.8k
CBNA/SHELL .6k
SHOP YOUR WAY .8k
CBNA/SUNOCO .7k
CBNA/SUNOCO .4k
SYNCB/LITTMANS .6k
SYNCB/OLD NAVY 4.6k
SYNCB/PAYPAL MC 5.3k
SYNCB/PAYPAL MC 2.0k
SYNCB/SAMS CLUB 5.3k
SYNCB/SAMS CLUB .6k
SYNCB SAMS CLUB DC 2.9k
SYNCB SAMS CLUB DC 2.1k
SYNCB/SWEETWATER 4.6k
SYNCB/WALMART DC 6.1k
USAA 21.4k
USAA 11.6k
USAA 7.0k
USAA 5.0k
USAA 4.8k
USAA 4.0k
USAA 3.0k
USAA 2.5k
USAA 4.8k
KIA MOTOR FIN 29.9k

Whew ! That was longer than I thought it would be. Can anyone top it?  This was a joint BK with @Anonymous

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Burn List

Note:  We did give the car back after  making payments on it for a year, and it was in near-new condition.  A $17K car with a loan against it of nearly $30K, roughly speaking.  Anyway, it was funny how blase they were about coming to pick it up.  We took it in; they said "Drive that back home, we don't want it on the lot, someone will call you" and it sat there collecting leaves and snow for months before someone from Kia arranged to come and get it.  We already had the new car (our present one) for a good long time until they came to get the Kia.

Message 2 of 23
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

I'm more interested in where you are now with your credit. I was discharged about a year ago. I had a hefty list of debt but you topped me there. Lol! 

Message 3 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Quite a list you got there.  Stinks you burnt nfcu unless you ever plan on paying them back lost a great lender Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 23
jmos
Regular Contributor

Nope. Can't top that list. Wish you the best with your rebuild!!

Message 5 of 23
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if there is a sticky for this , but the wife and I are a couple of months out of a Chapter 7 discharge and rebuilding credit. So far I've got a secured Merrick ($200) and a Fingerhut ($1000). It's a start. The wife has a $500 secured USBANK and a $500 Fingerhut.

Anyway - I thought I would share my BK Burn list for those that think there is no life after BK.

Here you go!

AMEX/DSNB $ 1.8k
BOA 10.2k
BARCLAYS 4.3k
CAP1 5.3k
CAP1 2.2k
CAP1 1.7k
CAP1 1.5k
CBNA 2.7k
CBNA .8k
CITICARDS CBNA 5.2k
CITICARDS CBNA 2.8k
DFS/WEBBANK .3k
DISCOVER .7k
FNB OMAHA 1.3k
FNB OMAHA .8k
JPMCB 4.0k
JPMCB 3.9k
JPMCB 1.5k
JPMCB 1.4k
MERRICK 5.0k
NFCU 28.9k
NFCU 19.6k
NFCU 18.2k
NFCU 18.2k
NFCU 15.1k
NFCU 14.9k
NFCU 3.8k
CBNA/SHELL .6k
SHOP YOUR WAY .8k
CBNA/SUNOCO .7k
CBNA/SUNOCO .4k
SYNCB/LITTMANS .6k
SYNCB/OLD NAVY 4.6k
SYNCB/PAYPAL MC 5.3k
SYNCB/PAYPAL MC 2.0k
SYNCB/SAMS CLUB 5.3k
SYNCB/SAMS CLUB .6k
SYNCB SAMS CLUB DC 2.9k
SYNCB SAMS CLUB DC 2.1k
SYNCB/SWEETWATER 4.6k
SYNCB/WALMART DC 6.1k
USAA 21.4k
USAA 11.6k
USAA 7.0k
USAA 5.0k
USAA 4.8k
USAA 4.0k
USAA 3.0k
USAA 2.5k
USAA 4.8k
KIA MOTOR FIN 29.9k

Whew ! That was longer than I thought it would be. Can anyone top it?  This was a joint BK with @Anonymous

That is amazing.   Why did you have multiple cards with the same lender(s)?   I do understand that this is for both you and your spouse.   As someone else said, Navy is a real shame and they were your highest balances so unless you pay them back you can't get back in.  The same with USAA.    Capital One will let you back in soon.   Forget about Chase until the BK is off your record.   Ditto with Citibank.

You are off to a good start.   I would let those two new accounts age a few months before trying for something better.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Why did you have multiple cards with the same lender(s)? "

Well the short answer was - because we could. The offers kept coming. As long as you keep paying and keep your balances in line - the offers keep coming. They keep giving you a bigger shovel to dig a deeper hole. At some point the hole gets so deep that you can't see daylight anymore. Thank goodness for bankruptcy protection , because there was no way to climb out of that hole.

So things are looking bright now. We've got expenses we can handle and a few cards we can manage and an affordable car payment. The future looks good.

Message 7 of 23
jmw1
Frequent Contributor

I might be able to top you on this.  50+ creditors for me at $350k in a ch13. I'm too lazy to add up your unsecured debt. 

Don't feel too bad for me. The unsecured creditors are still getting nothing so it's a backdoor chapter 7.

We live on cash now. Got several credit cards after filing, but don't use them except for tiny charges. Both cars are paid off.  We won't finance purchases anymore other than a home. The credit is there to open the door for a mortgage refinance. 

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much of that $350K did you have to pay? I'm 100% plan chapter 13 paying off 100% of my unsecured debt. It kinda sucks and I wish I would have qualified for a chapter 7 or backdoor chapter 7 as you called it.

When you say you got credit cards after filing - before discharge or after discharge?

Message 9 of 23
jmw1
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How much of that $350K did you have to pay? I'm 100% plan chapter 13 paying off 100% of my unsecured debt. It kinda sucks and I wish I would have qualified for a chapter 7 or backdoor chapter 7 as you called it.

When you say you got credit cards after filing - before discharge or after discharge?

I'm in the middle of the 13. Barring a lottery win or the nonexistent inheirtance from a rich relative I don't know about, credit cards getting nothing.

It started out as a 1% dividend, but additional legal fees sucked that up so they're getting nothing. 

Credit cards after filing but before discharge. You can get a mortgage 1 year after filing CH13BK with no 30+day lates as well. The trustee doesn't want folks to incur debt, but there's nothing wrong with opening credit lines while incurring $10 in debt on those lines to get them to report.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.