cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burned Discover- will they let me back in?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Burned Discover- will they let me back in?

Hello!  I will be 2 years BK in April.  Below are my scores.  Wondering if I should attempt trying them after burning them?  

Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Re: Burned Discover- will they let me back in?

Hi, I was D/C  one year ago and got back with them. Disco was IIB. Do pre-qual first.

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned, Discover is very forgiving because they don't underwrite many of the rebuilder cards themselves but package them for investors to take risks against (see my Asset Backed Securities thread).  Use the prequalify page to see!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm sure YMMV but I included them in mine and was discharged 9/17.  I did the pre-approval last month and they did not have any cards available to me.  I've been working on re-establishing and my scores have increased nicely the last few months.  Last night I tried the pre-approval again and it said I was pre-approved for the IT Chrome.  I called this morning and I was approved for $2,000.  Hopefully this helps.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone.  I did the pre-qualify on their site and they do not have any offers for me at this time due to "prior Discover account".  Smiley Sad  I'll try again in a few months!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone.  I did the pre-qualify on their site and they do not have any offers for me at this time due to "prior Discover account".  Smiley Sad  I'll try again in a few months!

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I'm sure YMMV but I included them in mine and was discharged 9/17.  I did the pre-approval last month and they did not have any cards available to me.  I've been working on re-establishing and my scores have increased nicely the last few months.  Last night I tried the pre-approval again and it said I was pre-approved for the IT Chrome.  I called this morning and I was approved for $2,000.  Hopefully this helps.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.