Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C1 Venture X`

tag
dangerously_caffeinated
Valued Member

C1 Venture X`

Hey all, 

Currently looking to try and open a Venture X with C1 within the next 6 months and was wondering if anyone with a BK on their credit history has had any luck? For reference, I filed in 2018. I currently have two C1 cards. QS $5,350 limit and a new SavorOne with a $1,000 Limit. I also have a Mercury card for $2,350. Being my track record with Capital one currently, I'd really like to open a "Premium" credit card since Amex and Chase are out of the question - atleast for a while.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
00028ECB

Re: C1 Venture X`

While not the X, I recently was approved for the C1 Venture 6.8 years post bk13.

My history with C1 - was approved for plat mc 1 month post discharge for 1k limit.  Over the past 2 years, with heavy usage, it has grown to 6150 limit almost all auto cli.  I checked the upgrade page and it showed I was eligible to upgrade to Venture but I decided to apply cold to get the welcome bonus and eat the inquiries.  Was approved at 10k starting limit.

Current scores are TU - 800, Eq - 710 and Ex recently jumped to 702.  Bk removed from TU early exclusion.  EX and EQ still have the bk showing as the only negative.  0% utilization across the board.

Message 2 of 4
Caliboy97
Contributor

Hello,

I am currently a little over a year from bankruptcy but a couple months ago I was able to upgrade my quicksilver card to the regular Venture rewards. You may be able to get the Venture X that way. Only thing with upgraded cards you do not get the new card benefits I believe.

Bankruptcy Discharge 9/21/2020
Starting Scores

May Update (Moving)

Slow and Steady Rebuild. Around 15K in revolving credit at 2% and 45K Auto Loan! Hoping to start upping those limits over time.
Capital one Platinum and Quicksilver | Kia Financial 49K auto loan | Navy Fed Secure Card | OpenSky Secure Card | Schools First FCU Card | Grain account | KikOff Loan and credit account | Student Loans Perfect history 16K left
Message 3 of 4
timbone
Established Member

I had a CH7 BK 11/2014

11/9 was approved for Venture X $30,000 limt 23.99APR  EQ FICO 714

I also have a Savor that I have grown to $21,500 limit, regular Venture $6,500 limit heavy usage on both $5-6000 a month total

I recently closed a QS with a $5,000 limit with no recent usage to make room for this card 

1% UTI, I PIF every month before statement cuts (the past 26 or so months, for a few years before that I carried a balance) 

Capital one has been very good to me - even before my previous baddies dropped off 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.