cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C13: Revised from 3 to 5yr plan: Does the clock reset? We've made 69 pymts in 60 month plan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

C13: Revised from 3 to 5yr plan: Does the clock reset? We've made 69 pymts in 60 month plan

60 months vs 60 payments:  We have paid 69 payments in our 60 month plan.  I thought it started from first payment date....but seems to be  be confirmation date or revised plan confirmation date in our case - unless something is terribly off! 

We filed chapter 13 in Dec 2012 and started making payments in January 2013.  A few months in, I landed a job making a little more money which put us above median so they made us revise to a 5 year plan.   My best guess is that the 60 month clock must have reset at revised plan date else we would have been done in January.  This month marks the 60 month from our revised plan confirmation and I would like to hope its finally my last garnishment before overpayments occur. I expect the accounting audit will take some time, but hopefully not too long since our entire C13 case so far has required 9 more monthly payments than expected!! 

Is anyone familiar with how a revised plan works and does this seem right or is something off here? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: C13: Revised from 3 to 5yr plan: Does the clock reset? We've made 69 pymts in 60 month plan

I would speak with the lawyer on this one.  Very good quesiton.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.