Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAP1 credit card upgrade??

tag
Velar_nyc19
New Contributor

CAP1 credit card upgrade??

Im new to this, but regardless,

I filed chapter 7 a few weeks ago, im due for my 341 meeting in 2 weeks, i asked my lawyer out of curiosity if it was okay to apply fir bee credit now and he said it was no problem, it is post petition debt and wont affect the outcome of my bankruptcy. I went ahead and apply for some credit card and lucky enough i was approved for both cap1 secured $200 and platinum $300 limit, was denied for discover secured, probably because I burned them, also got denied for amazon credit builder, let me say it feels weird being denied even for a secured card, nonetheless, at least i got 2 to start with,

My question is how can i upgrade the platinum unsecured and when ? Can i maybe give them a call to recon or just keep it and go with the credit steps ?

Thanks
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CAP1 credit card upgrade??

You can always keep trying the upgrade link for future reference.  Just sign in to see.  As far as when you are eligible for an upgrade.....not real sure.

CapOne upgrade

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One does not recon. You have to wait 6 months for increases, or upgrades. 5 months for credit steps increase.

Message 3 of 24
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

After 3 statements you can ask for a SP CLI online. Cap1 likes heavy usage and PIF in the begining. Dont carry any balances for now. Month 4 usually you can upgrade. Month 5 Credit Steps will kick in. Been there done that. Good Luck.

You dont have to wait 6 moths in the begining. Once you get the first CLI. Then you have to wait 6 months for the next round.

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those are the old rules pre-mid 2018. If you look at the recent data points you will see multiple rejections pre 6 months. No more double dipping or pre 6 month PC or pre steps increase. I can’t pin-point exactly when it changed but back half of 2018 is when most of the data points shifted. Multiple regular cards on the same day also gone.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with Morpho. I requested CLI after 3 statements and got rejected due to my account being "too new".

Message 6 of 24
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Are all Capital One® cards eligible for a credit line increase?

Some accounts aren't eligible for increased credit lines upon request. Accounts that are usually ineligible:

• Are less than three months old.
  • Are secured credit cards.
  • Have received a credit line increase or decrease in the last six months.
  • Even if your account does not meet either of these criteria, a credit line increase may still be declined for other reasons.

What factors determine if I’m eligible for a credit line increase?

• You make on-time payments (with all creditors).
  • You make larger monthly payments that pay down your balance.

Message 7 of 24
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Agree with Morpho. I requested CLI after 3 statements and got rejected due to my account being "too new".

First statement usually isn't a full 30 day cycle. Try again after 4th statement. Or 91 days after account "opened date"

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wrong. FireMedic is correct and knows what he's talking about. I just helped two people last week upgrade their cards AND get an early CLI before their steps are even due. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 24
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wrong. FireMedic is correct and knows what he's talking about. I just helped two people last week upgrade their cards AND get an early CLI before their steps are even due. Smiley Wink

Thank you. Been thru 5 cards. Think I know how it works.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.