Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE QS APPROVED DAY OF DISCHARGE

tag
sihmud
Regular Contributor

CAPITAL ONE QS APPROVED DAY OF DISCHARGE

Hello all,

I wanted to share this info with everyone since you guys have been nothing but help and guidance throughout my BK. i received my discharge today, was actually checking PACER all day since the creditor deadline expired yesterday. finally, towards the end of the day, I saw the discharge document. i tried the CAP 1 prequal page just like I've read in all the threads. It shows recommended for 3 cards. Platinum, QS1, and QS Secured. i felt that platinum would give me the higher limit since it has no rewards and I had platinum in the past and always had a higher limit than my previous QS card. i said what the heck and applied for the QS1. I was APPROVED for 3k! that seems to be the set limit for applicants coming fresh out of a BK. posts I've seen have approvals for same card same limit.

a little additional info. i did reaffirm my auto loan so that obviously helped my credit coming out of the BK filing. I would also like to note that i DID BURN CAP ONE in the BK so they are forgiving! my scores when i applied today were  EQ 693 TU 683 EXP 582.

hope this helps those coming close to their DC date and are filled with questions like i was.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Caribsa89
Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE QS APPROVED DAY OF DISCHARGE

Congratulations!  I got my 1st card 2 months post discharge and also reaffirmed my auto loan.  It was also a Cap1 card but the Platinum.  My BK7 was on 3/30/2012. Yesterday I celebrated the last credit bureau droping the BK7 from my file (Equifax).  Because you have these great starting foundations, if you keep your utilization low, you will have Fico scores in the 800s when the BK fall off!  Mine so far are: EX - 839, TU-820, and the BK fell off Equifax yesterday so waiting for my credit card to update my Equifax Fico score so I can log the difference; it's 754 with the BK7 on the last update.  I gained 73 points on TU when the BK fell off and 89 points in EX when the BK fell off.  I can't wait to see where I land on Equifax!

Good luck on your journey!!

Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Let the rebuild begin!

Message 3 of 4
kittycreditmeow
Frequent Contributor

Dang! 3K! That's friggin awesome! Was it chapter 7? Cap1 was the first to approve me the day of my discharge as well but I only qualified for the platinum at $300. I got an automatic CLI 3 months later to $500. At the time I had over 40 inquiries so a lot of not very good factors. Im down to 17 inquiries now that should all fall off next spring. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.