Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CENLAR reporting account as IIB

tag
Shannon3671
New Contributor

CENLAR reporting account as IIB

I am having a credit reporting problem with my previous mortgage company, or at least I think I am, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I filed for bankruptcy (chapter 7) July 2017. In August, I received a letter from CENLAR that they were tranferring my loan to M&T bank. The transfer was to be effective Sept. 1st. I made multiple attempts prior to Sept. 1st to get a reaffirmation agreement from CENLAR and they refused to send it stating I would have to get it from M&T because they were transferring my account. I did finally get the reaffirmation agreement from M&T and it was signed, submitted and approved prior to my discharge. CENLAR is now reporting my account with them as included in the bankruptcy and will not change it to transferred. I have disputed with the CRAs and all they do is mark it verified, customer disputes. I filed with the BBB and CENLAR responded to them that due to mortgage laws, they cannot provide them with my account information and that they have sent me a letter about this issue that I have never received.

I am also fighting with M&T bank right now because they haven't even released my loan from their bk department even though the last day to resind the reaffirmation agreement was over a month ago and they aren't even reporting it yet either. 

My goal was to get my credit score in a good place to where in 2 years I could refinance to a regular loan from my FHA loan and drop the PMI, but I'm afraid that since it looks like I bailed on my mortgage, this is going to make it more difficult. 

I feel like I'm being penalized somehow for doing everything the way it should have been done. I've never been late on my mortgage, I tried to reaffirm with CENLAR and they refused because they were transferring it yet wont acknowledge the transfer to the CRAs, I reaffirmed with M&T Bank who isn't even recognizing it by putting the account on my credit report and I don't know what else to do to get it fixed.

Sorry for the novel, just very frustrated at this point.

1 REPLY 1
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CENLAR reporting account as IIB

I would get your attorney involved again, and he/she can send them a letter,  Thats rediculous, and I also file a complaint with the CFPB.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.