tag
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: CH 7 Bankruptcy Plan. Post Discharge

@Anonymous wrote:

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick Question. 

How accurate is the Discover PQ Page? I am still getting the wide range of APR. I am now 10 months post BK. Have had capital one report at 5% for 3 months now and paid off each month in full. 

Sitting on only this Capital one card has me feeling like my score will not increase much, knowing I need 2-3 for reporting. 

Without a more defined APR range it is meh at best. It's only one inquiry though, if you want it give it a shot.

Thanks!! I may give it a shot, unless I find a different one with better odds. 

Struggling to figure out what card to try for my 2nd one. (over stressed of getting denied). 

How many inquiry you think is ideal? I have 1 from the Cap 1 card and 1 from a rental property falling off on Sept 1st. 2 in total. 

How did you update your sig? I would like to update and track also. Thanks!!

I know how you feel with the stress of being declined, I'm 5 years post file date and still get nervous Smiley Happy I think a lot of people here put more weight on inquiries than needed. I think I have 7-10 on each report, EX might be lower..

To update your signature click on the "my settings" button, then click "personal information" and you will see a signature box. You will have to click on the "mobile" tab to edit your mobile signature though. Hope that helps

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 41 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Updated my Signature. 

I am going to build up the confidence to apply for another. Once I make up my mind. Discover is on my radar and what I want! May have to wait more. Even though I know I need another ASAP to report. 

Message 42 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Little update. 

Still trying for my 2nd Card because I know I need one. 

No luck on Merrick PQ page or Discover still high range of APR. 

My CU would not approve me for a CC because of my BK is not 1 year yet until November. But no hard pull. 

Should I go the Credit One route?? To maximize my score and have another card report? 

Message 43 of 58
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I'm mobile so I can't see your signature. Have you updated your scores? I received my Discover card with a cold app about 8 months after discharge. You may have luck with them even without the prequal. I would stay away from Credit One.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 44 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:
I'm mobile so I can't see your signature. Have you updated your scores? I received my Discover card with a cold app about 8 months after discharge. You may have luck with them even without the prequal. I would stay away from Credit One.

Hello my Friend and thanks again for the response. 

As of last month's score check my scores are:

EX: 619

TU: 604

EQ: 608

Cap 1 is still my only reporting card. (headed into the 4th month)

My car loan and student loan are my other loans reporting. 

Really want discover but still think I may be too low score wise and would hate the HP and Denial. 

Message 45 of 58
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Are you letting a small balance report to the credit bureaus?  I'm surprised your score hasn't really gone up.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 46 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Each month I let 50$ report, then PIF right after that. I plan to check again next month, figure it may take some time to change. last time I checked was around July 7th, so it may have jumped after that since I had a statement cut after that. 

Where can I check the REAL scores frequently? 

Just keep thinking I may need a card or 2 more for a bigger jump. 

On Credit Karma (I know not real, just for monitoring purposes) I see a jump of scores but have not checked a real one yet. 

Message 47 of 58
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

You can do the $1 trial with Credit Check Total.  Just remember to cancel it that first week.  

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 48 of 58
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@medicgrrl wrote:

Really want discover but still think I may be too low score wise and would hate the HP and Denial. 

Can I ask how many hard pulls you have on your EQ report? In most cases one HP is not a big deal Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 49 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Scupra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@medicgrrl wrote:

Can I ask how many hard pulls you have on your EQ report? In most cases one HP is not a big deal Smiley Happy

Thanks! Idk why I am so afraid of them. Lol. 

I only have 1. Which is capital one I just got approved for 3 months ago. 

Message 50 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.