Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH13 and USAA

tag
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

CH13 and USAA

Will be filing CH13 on Aug 1. I have one auto loan with USAA that I am keeping. I defaulted over a year ago on two credit cards with them totaling over $27k that is being included. I also have my checking account with them. Lawyer suggests I change my banking to a different bank. Does anybody have similar experience with USAA on whether they will freeze my account? Reading online it appears USAA does not do cross collateralization. Only credit unions can do that. It’s such a pain switching banks and direct deposit so I don’t want to if I don’t have to. My spouse is not filing with me as all the debt I’m including is in my name only. We have a joint checking account with USAA and he has an individual checking account. What if I just change my DD to one of these other accounts? Seems to me it would be illegal since there will be an automatic stay as soon as I file.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CH13 and USAA

I would take your lawyer's advice and move your banking elsewhere.

Message 2 of 3
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Re: CH13 and USAA

@Anonymous wrote:

I would take your lawyer's advice and move your banking elsewhere.

^^^ This

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.