cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CH7 Discharged 5/21 - Burned Everybody(even Credit One and other subprimes) - Advice on next steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CH7 Discharged 5/21 - Burned Everybody(even Credit One and other subprimes) - Advice on next ste

Update:

I tried the pre qualify for Cap one yesterday and it said I was pre qualified for the Capital One platinum, went ahead and applied and Bam it said ' we cant provide you with the card now. We will let you know why we couldn't do that within 10 days' message.
Message 11 of 14
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

Re: CH7 Discharged 5/21 - Burned Everybody(even Credit One and other subprimes) - Advice on next ste

Time is your friend and patience is your Wingman.

The mistakes have been made and the sting will lessen with time.

Some of those you listed will let you back in.

Others will not be so quick to forgive.

It’s now time to save money, pay cash for EVERYTHING and let your bruised credit heal.

Ignore the high rate/absorbent fee offers of credit that you’ll find in your mailbox.

At one year post discharge apply for a Capital One card, even if it’s a secured card.

Check out SelfLender or open a share secured loan at a local credit union.

All of the correct steps you need to take can be found in this forum.

Equally, accounts of mistakes can be found here as well.

As you approach the starting line remember this process isn’t a 40-yard dash, it’s a MARATHON.

Good luck in your credit recovery journey.
Message 12 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Just a reminder: all posts need to be FSR.  Everyone's circumstances are different.  It's quite possible for someone to have their financial situation completely in control immediately after, or even prior to, filing bankruptcy.  Sometimes there is just crushing debt from a previous life that is no longer maintainable, but one could certainly be living within their current means at that point.  Blanket statements will not help all members.  Thanks for your cooperation.

Message 13 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Update:

I tried the pre qualify for Cap one yesterday and it said I was pre qualified for the Capital One platinum, went ahead and applied and Bam it said ' we cant provide you with the card now. We will let you know why we couldn't do that within 10 days' message.

Sorry about that. Like i said. Closer to a year out would be your best shot. Go for the Open Sky. No HP. Yes its secured. But it will help show some credit respnsibilty. Merrick could be another. But start with the Open Sky for now. Wait 4-6 months and give Cap a try. Never seen the 10 day thing. Hopefully its a chance at a secured or they need more info for verification. Let us know.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.