Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHAPTER 13 DISMISSED WHat Next

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHAPTER 13 DISMISSED WHat Next

I placed my house on the market in Oct 2006.  Filed chap 13 in Dec 2006 to stall foreclosure.  House sells end of january 2007 and I never follow-up w/ BK and petition is dismissed. Credit reports shows BK dismissed.  What are the ramifications of this...I want to  rebuild my credit and need some info.  No other debt was included in the BK just the house.  Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHAPTER 13 DISMISSED WHat Next

I strongly suggested you get/maintain a couple credit cards.  Orchard bank, Cap One, etc.  Make sure you don't have any lates, ever again.  I filed Ch 13 in Nov 2001, it was dismissed since I was going to include just my car, long story short, I didn't turn in my paperwork or show up to court, it was dismissed.  Fast forward to today, I was able to get most of the accounts settled and deleted off my report instead of the ch 13.  Every now and again, someone tries to collect on a very old debt...way past SOL now.  I repeat, avoid lates and collections like the plague.

The worst was the presence of the Ch 13 dismissed, worse than discharged.  EX and TU have taken it off my reports and they instantly went up at least 50 points.  EQ will not take off until the 10 yr mark, maybe a couple months sooner.  I hate EQ, they never delete anything, even the totally inaccurate.

I was denied for several cards for the mere presence of the ch 13 and since it was dismissed, I was denied on the recons as well.   I did get a 1st Premier and Cap One and Orchard Bank secured.  I now have several cards Barclays, discover, and I still have my Orchard (great interest rate believe it or not) and I now have an unsecured Orchard.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My situation is similar in dismissal however, 12/02 and accounts are now showing deletion as of 8/09 - 12/09.  At this point, I think it is best for me to sit and wait for them to fall and watch reports daily if necessary to prepare to dispute.  I have not had any sold to a CO but as of late (last 3 months (Providian/WAMU/Chase and Cap 1) are reporting late pays with DOLA of 8/02 and 9/02.  If I contact them I know that restarts the clock for me as far as reporting.   I reside in TX/GA and the SOL have passed for getting lawsuit filed against me.  However, it is a waiting game and boy when that date 8/09 for Cap 1 and 9/09 for Chase I am writing ASAP for the CRA to REMOVE IMMEDIATELY.. Likewise the CRA has the dismissed bk13 set to be removed on 12/09 (all three).  I am playing by the rule of first man who speaks loses.  (at this point, that is cheaper than attempting to settle or claim debt)

What do you think? 

EQ 627 TU 611 EX 620 -as of 3/19/09 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should just play the waiting game.  Every now and again, I get the urge to fill out a credit app, but I've resisted the urge the past couple months since I've got 2 scores in the 700 range.  Now it sucks that now I've gotten into the 700s I'll need like an 800 in this market.

Just watch out for EQ in deleting the dismissed ch13.  I haven't had any luck but I've disputed stating that it's been past the 7 yr mark.  I'll just wait for 30 days and see what they say. By law they can have a dismissed bk on your reports for up to 10 yrs from the date of filing.  Keep your fingers crossed!

Don't call anyone who is about to be deleted.  I made this mistake a couple years since I wanted to do the right thing and pay it off.  Thank God they didn't update my DOLA.  Be aware that the closer you get to deletion date, the more settlement offers they'll send.  If it's not PFD, ignore it.  I had a CC with WFNNB/Lane Bryant.  DOLA 11/01.  My final balance was $462.  I'd tried to settle for 50% for years.  Always no, last summer, right before it was deleted from my reports, they sold the acct to RJM who was willing to settle for 40%.  I got other offers from other CAs as well.  So funny, they must have my deletion date on a calendar, too.

Message 4 of 8
hotpoint
Regular Contributor

Hello,

Congratulations on your quest . . . I also have experienced huge gains, with regarding to rebuilding and after filing and dismissed (03'), but my question is this: how were you able to get EX & Trans to delete the dismissal.

Hotpoint . . . Cooling off

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX and TU deleted after 7 yrs.  They actually deleted a few months early and I got an instant jump in score.  Once I got my collection off, I got another jump on my EX and TU.  EQ refuses to update my CC balances so my util with them is around 40%  Still shows Feb info.  Every now and again, EQ will show mercy and delete the dismissal.  There was someone on the boards that was able to get EQ to delete before 10 yrs.  Keep sending letters, they have to give in eventually.  Esp since it's not required for a dismissal to stay for 10 yrs, EQ chooses to do it.  Good Luck!
Message 6 of 8
hotpoint
Regular Contributor

Hello, thanks for the reply and congratulations once again . . .

Did you have to sent a letter to EX & TU or was it automatically deleted?  I filed n/03, 2013, is when they told me to expect deletio.  Thanks for your assistance.

Hotpoint . . . cooling off

3.31.09 EQ 637

3.31.09 TU 640

P.S. All wounds heal . . . unless you pick at them

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both EX & TU deleted on their own.  No action on my part.  Took me a 2nd glance to realize how I got the increase in score at 1st.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.