cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR says missed payments( NO missed payments since filing BK a year ago)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CR says missed payments( NO missed payments since filing BK a year ago)

I filed BK July 09.  I haven't  missed a  payment since.   I have a Capital One card with a $1500 limit.  I have a car loan also Cap One and 1 jewelery store card $6000 limit.  I don't carry a balance on the cards.  I use a couple hundred a month and always pay off -all the way.  I am wondering if my score is staying low because my CR says I missed a payment in the last 3 months?? What can I do because I don't know what it could be?!  Also one old account is listed as a collection, but says BK status. ( All of the other old accounts are under negative accounts, not collections) Is that also something that could be effecting me?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Score is about 618.  I think it was higher right after filing BK, but maybe could of had a fako and Im not remembering right?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CR says missed payments( NO missed payments since filing BK a year ago)

@Anonymous wrote:

I am wondering if my score is staying low because my CR says I missed a payment in the last 3 months?? What can I do because I don't know what it could be?! 

Hi 123,

Yes - a late payment in the last three months would definitely be affecting your score.

Now, I'm a little unclear on how your CR reports a missed payment but you're unable to determine where it is from.  Can you help me out a little?

Where are you pulling your report from?

How do you know you have a missed payment in the last 3 months?

Why are you unable to determine what the missed payment was?

Thanks 123!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks SO MUCH for the help!

I see it when I look at ScoreWatch.  It says recent missed payment on a scale.  Also lists bad payment history on the scale. Than it says late payment 3 months ago down below, where it gives a little more of a break down between you and high fico achivers. Also Ive seen recent missed payments on other credit report places, and I guess I just figured its because of my BK. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 123,

Let's see.

Next time you open your report, when you look at Tab #5 (Accounts), in the "Negative Indicator" column, is there a red flag on any of your accounts?

Also, what are the exact items listed under helping your score and hurting your score?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok BeamMeUp,

Yes... I have 13 flags.  Mostly they say included in BK.  I realize I have a couple that say bad debt/collection.. even though they were included, and they have a $0 balance.  I ALSO have one that says bad debt/collection from a credit union that now has a past due balance.  Before this one was not like this, I had disputed this item because the dates are wrong.  It looks as though that may have reset the payment table for it.  This one should  be $0 balance, is was in the BK.  I keep having problems with this specific account,  I didn't realize the status on it was changed until you made me think to look again.  Are the other flags bad?  Should I be doing things I have not already done?  I am assuming I should dispute the change on this credit union account??  Why does it seem to reset payments when I do that?

Hurting Score= Neg items, recent missed payment, bad payment history, recent collection +pr

Helping= low credit usage

THANKS AGAIN for the help Smiley Happy  I have been feeling a little lost and its great to have someone trying to help!!!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok BeamMeUp,

Yes... I have 13 flags.  Mostly they say included in BK.  I realize I have a couple that say bad debt/collection.. even though they were included, and they have a $0 balance.  I ALSO have one that says bad debt/collection from a credit union that now has a past due balance.  Okay - this is the guy. 

Before this one was not like this, I had disputed this item because the dates are wrong.  It looks as though that may have reset the payment table for it.  This one should  be $0 balance, is was in the BK.  I keep having problems with this specific account,  I didn't realize the status on it was changed until you made me think to look again.  Are the other flags bad?  Accounts IIB will accurately have flags.  If an account was IIB, it should say so rather than bad debt/collection. 

Should I be doing things I have not already done?  I am assuming I should dispute the change on this credit union account??  Why does it seem to reset payments when I do that?  I would continue to dispute this account until it reports accurately.  If it looks like it was late after BK, that is a bigger hit than if it was IIB.  We had quite a few accounts that were reporting inaccurately after our BK was discharged - we got them all corrected except one and that was on TU only.  It took a bit of time and some accounts took several attempts.  We were finally able to feel a little detached about it, rather than taking it personally, and that helped lower the stress level.  We didn't continue to pursue the one on TU because it actually (eventually) reported properly on EX and EQ, so we let it sit on TU rather than stirring the pot.  It did age off a little early.  Keep working the CU until it reports accurately.  

Hurting Score= Neg items, recent missed payment, bad payment history, recent collection +pr

Helping= low credit usage

THANKS AGAIN for the help Smiley Happy  I have been feeling a little lost and its great to have someone trying to help!!!

Oh yes, on your original comment about your score right after filing BK:  Since you don't recall if it was a FICO score, or not, don't sweat it.  Just work forward.  It sounds like you're doing an outstanding job with your cc's and other accounts.  Clean up the reports (make sure they're accurate) as well as possible, and rebuild - as you are doing.  Watch your AAofA as you work on building.  Best wishes!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.