Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR states acct was incl. in BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CR states acct was incl. in BK

I'm not sure if this would be in credit repair or here, so here goes:

I filed for BK in 2004 and included all my debt except my car, which was a lease and I wanted to keep.  So everything goes through and I keep paying my lease payments in a timely manner and what not, hoping this would help my credit sitch when I started to re-build.  

I pulled my credit report when I went to refi my lease and it shows that the account was included in the BK and doesn't reflect the perfect payment history I had had since then.  I ended up refi-ing with Honda (who the lease was originally with) because they had access to my payment history to see everything was on time, so they could give me the best rate.

My question is (and this may be a moot point at this time): Even though the account is now closed, can I or should I see if Honda will correct their reporting of the account on the credit bureaus?  Is it even worth it at this point?  I mean, it's not even showing any history prior to the BK, so would it help to have 4.5 years of perfect payment history showing on a closed account?  It's currently showing as a paid collection account included in the BK.  

Any help would be great.  Thanks! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: CR states acct was incl. in BK

the account is reporting correctly.  However you could obtain a payment history from the previous lender to take to the new lender. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.