cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CCC IIBK still report balance & amount dates after file date?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can CCC IIBK still report balance & amount dates after file date?

I filed chapter 7 on 01/2003 and some ccc are still reporting a balance date and balance after the file date. one ccc reported as resent as 11/2007 with a balance and this account shows as IIBK. can the ccc still report this info and if not how should this be removed?

PS. all of the ccc acounts show as IIBK.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
annah
Contributor

Re: Can CCC IIBK still report balance & amount dates after file date?

No, dispute with the CRA.

I've BTDT, and gotten them removed. II've had a couple where the whole account vanished, and a couple where the balance just changed to 0.
Message 2 of 9
granny031350
Established Contributor

What is BTDT
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTDT

I bet its "BEEN THERE DONE THAT!"

Catchmeifyoucan ! LOL
Message 4 of 9
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

I have several on my EX cr that is showing IIBK that is continue to show the info of late payments and Status: Discharged through BK/collection account, Acct History: info 30 days late, etc One acct shows with EX as Status: discharge in BK Acct History; 60, 30 days late and with the other two CR as a charge off acct.  I have noticed the Creditor by phone as well as mail and this info continue to report the same.  EX is the only agency I seem to have several accts listing as IIBK but show negative Status and Acct history info.
img src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/i
Message 5 of 9
jackg
Established Contributor

newstart2003,

The "date filed" is one thing but "date of discharge" is what counts as you move forward from that date.
My CH 7 BK was discharged on 8/24/06 and this is when the 10 year clock starts ticking. It's also the date from which all creditors named in your filing become "IIB" (included in bankruptcy) in your credit report. These accts. should report $0 Balance Due.

I reccommend that you do a lot more reading on this forum to learn what's right & wrong about BK.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 6 of 9
granny031350
Established Contributor

so lets say you are discharged and you have disputed and still it reports a balance owed or past due.  How do you get the CRA to change it?  Currently I have that situation a 3 accounts where it is discharged but still shows a balance past due/charged off.  I have disputed, but the balance remains. What is the next step in the process to getting it reset to zero? 

I just redisputed on experian and selected the "account paid" because they did receive money in my chapter 13 and the remaining balance was discharged.  Is this what I should do to get the balances to zero?

Message Edited by granny031350 on 01-20-2008 05:07 AM
Message 7 of 9
annah
Contributor

I've just been successful with this same thing. Here's what I did-

Send a copy of (schedule F for chapter 7) the list of unsecured creditors and a copy of the discharge order.

I highlighted the accounts that were incorrect on the credit report, so they would be easier to verify. Then I wrote a letter to the CAs, telling them which accounts were incorrect. I just mailed my letter last monday, and they were corrected on my credit report already.

So, to do a quick recap of what is acceptable on a credit report- the balance should be 0 or n/a, the status must show IIB. There should be 0 or NA past due amount also.

I'm not sure what the standard is, but my accounts that were listed as a collection was also changed too.

Message Edited by annah on 01-21-2008 09:11 AM
Message 8 of 9
granny031350
Established Contributor

I think that the problem I am running into is that my chapter 13 is not discharged as of yet.  It will be here soon (within the next 6 months)  I have 1 collection account that is being paid monthly by the trustee and as a result, this CA is reporting monthly to the credit report each month, reflecting the actual balance.  I think that is updating my Equifax report monthly as a new collection account, but not sure???  Wonder if that is legal?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.