Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I turn my lease in?

tag
MattP2144
New Contributor

Can I turn my lease in?

I did not reaffirm my lease through GM, I am one year post bankruptcy. I have one year remaining on my lease, but it doesnt make sense for me to keep it since i am close to going over the miles. How do i go about turning it in. I really dont want smoeone coming to repo it. I would rather just drop it off at the dealer, but in a way i dont even want to do that. Is that wha ti am suppose to do\? Can this affect my credit if i turn it in now since i have been making payments on it ever since. I just didnt reaffirm it. Has anyone did this in the past ? I need a bigger car so i was going to buy a used car and be done with leasing. any info would be appreciated thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Can I turn my lease in?

Simple - you call them and tell them you have been discharged in bankruptcy and wish to arrange to surrender your vehicle and need to know what steps to take.

They may send someone to your residence to pick it up or ask you drop it off at a dealer.

With that said - be sure you maintain full insurance until the lender confirms receipt of the vehicle (ie if you drop it with a dealer - have them sign something saying that its no longer in your possession).  This is important.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.