Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can IIB accounts report monthy?

tag
markhs777
Regular Contributor

Can IIB accounts report monthy?

I've had conflicting views on whether or not former creditors that were IIB can legally report every month even tho no changes have taken place. I would imagine this reporting suppresses Fico scores. Does anyone have a definitive answer? Thx

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Can IIB accounts report monthy?

Are they just reporting IIB?

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 19
markhs777
Regular Contributor

There are reporting correctly and IIB but are reported on a monthy basis.

Message 3 of 19
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

I don't believe anything illegal is happening here - so long as they continue to report correctly, then all is well.  The DoFD is still the same, so the date the accounts will fall off remains the same.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 19
markhs777
Regular Contributor

TY for the reply. So the banks can still report and in effect continuously update the reports. Sounds puntitive but it is what it is.

Message 5 of 19
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

My old AmEx accounts that were IIB still update everymonth - even though the details never change...  They still show they will be removed in 2020...

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the topic I've been looking for. I have 2 closed accounts  both comenity bank(closed 6/13/09) that continue to post monthly with 29 straight months showing late. 

Last post 6/30/16, showing ok, so all of a sudden their saying I'm paying, lol

The problem-these accounts were IIB, chapter 13, however it does not state that on my credit report. I just mailed my disputes today with supporting docs, so hopefully this will be resolved promptly...

Message 7 of 19
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

I disputed this in my CH 13 as well. I was told they could report late until we were discharged. USAA reported us late every month for 5 years. 

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was discharged in July/2014. They have been reporting my accounts late for the past 2 1/2 years, 2 of those years post discharge. 

Message 9 of 19
markhs777
Regular Contributor

I spoke with my attorney today and he informed me no further updating or reporting after the discharge date (unless a dispute is filed and the accounts need updating)  is suppose to occur on a monthy basis but many banks and CC's will continue to do so. There is a permanent injunction after discharge and the relationship is basically severed. Sending a cease and disist letter tomorrow and will see what happens.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.