cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can You Look Up A Person's Bankruptcy Filing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can You Look Up A Person's Bankruptcy Filing?

I'd like to look up someone's bankruptcy. I have their name, address, date of birth and social along with the year it was filed. Just don't know the date or file number. In case your wondering, it's for my ex. She claims that she has all of these bills when we goto court to try to make the judge feel bad and get more money than she's supposed to from me (her attorney lies pretty good). So... if I can pull her BK and see that all of those debts have been discharged, then the next time it happens, I'll just pull out the info. It won't go over to well and will show what I have been saying is true... they have been lying!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Can You Look Up A Person's Bankruptcy Filing?

Yes, court records are generally public information, so I believe that you should be able to find it.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a fairly easy way to do this?  I did some research and came up with - http://www.ehow.com/how_5690646_information-bankruptcy-case.html

Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

That looks about right to me.   I think your first step is to contact the court and inquire as to how they provide information on a case.    And as mentioned, it is possible that some of the information might be protected as it is personal ( bank accounts, CCs, etc... )

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 6
Credit_Me
New Contributor

Go to Pacer.gov - you'll need a credit card or debit card to verify your identity. You can run a search and pull all the information you need. 10 cents a page but they only bill quarterly and only charge over a certain amount (think is 10 dollars).

Starting Score: EQ:531 (06/14/12) TU: 578 (06/16/12) EX: 555 (06/23/12)
Current Score: EQ:647 (10/04/12) TU: 621 (08/04/12) EX: 654 (05/15/13) App from CU
Goal Score: 2012 Goal Met. 2013 - 660+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Rebuilding Tools: Cap1 (750), Credit1 (400), Aspire FCU CBL (1000)
Message 5 of 6
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Credit_Me wrote:

Go to Pacer.gov - you'll need a credit card or debit card to verify your identity. You can run a search and pull all the information you need. 10 cents a page but they only bill quarterly and only charge over a certain amount (think is 10 dollars).

+1  ^^^^^Do This^^^^^^

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.