cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help need new credit accounts score 535?

tag
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

Can anyone help need new credit accounts score 535?

I registered with the score watch and it informed me that my score was bad. What was hurting my Fico score was (1) thing hurting score  Public record BK 12/06  it was DC 3/07.  2 collections one which was included in the BK, and one I have been fighting R.R.I Inc to have removed by submitting documentation to the Equifax on several times to have removed per at the request of the creditor-owner of the company which have gone out of business.  I have open only one acct since in June 07 good standing.  I have tried Credit One 11/8/07 Denied-score 528, Dillards-12-11-07 denied-score 535.  Please help!
img src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/i
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
My_dog_FICO
Regular Contributor

Re: Can anyone help need new credit accounts score 535?

My DH has very light history of ccs, all closed. He has a 536 and was denied the BoA Platinum - they followed up the denial with a 100% secured VISA. With a deposit of $300 he received a cc with a $300 limit. The more he sends in as a security deposit, the larger his available line of credit. I highly recommend this card as a rebuilder card. Once you have 6 good months of payments they re-evaluate and may upgrade to a non-secured card. Both will help your credit.

Ruff!
11/14/07 TU 567 - EQ 561 - EX 577
11/29/07 TU ??? - EQ 573 - EX ???
12/10/07 TU ??? - EQ 579 - EX ??? - 60% util - OOPS!
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a fairly fresh bankruptcy there.  the secured card will probably be the best route.  Do you belong to any credit unions who might be able to help you get a fresh start?  You cna also try Orchard and household bank products.  I have a friend tha got cap1 less then 6 mos after ch7 discharge
Message 3 of 8
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I spoke with BOA on Mon and the CSR informed my that I need to wait 1yr from my BK discharge date before applying.  Can you have a co-signer on the 99/500 BOA acct?  I was denied in 9/05 for the Platinum and was not offered the secured card.  Reason: Public record, collection and judgement.  I had about 2-3 collection at the current time.
Message 4 of 8
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

I have been considering the secured cards, I included a Cap1 and HSBC accounts in the BK.  Should I try to apply?  Do you have any secured cards in mind that I can try beside the BOA? I do not belong to a credit union, I applied to a CU in 9/07 and theY returned my deposit do to my EQ CR FILE.  My goal is to have myself improved with my score so I can try to apply to a CU in Mar praying before.

Thanks
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should try the Orchard Bank secured card, they give it to anybody. And I included 2 Capitol One cards in my BK and they still turned around and gave me a card w/ 300 CL after I had the Orchard Bank card for a couple of months. 
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

did your lawyer advise you to send the bureaus a letter stating to not let the discharge companies to report anymore. by law, i think they can only make one more report to your records, and that is to report that you have a $0 balance on your credit cards, loans.

this will at least take care of your utilization. make sure the balances are $0.

second, have you challenge the entries on your reports. online disputes are easy. i BELIEVE that the easier ones to challenge are the collection agencies because they have no more stake at you since you included them in bankruptcy, and it is a waste of time for most of them to even research your case, therefore, a month later, if the bureau doesn't get a reply, they have to remove it by law since u challenged it.

orchard site will recommend a credit card for u, whether it's an annual fee starter card, or a secured card, i would suggest like $300.

it's been six months since my BK, orchard was my first, i applied for it one month after discharge, then 5 months later i tried, through reading here, that hooters and target are BK friendly....HOWEVER, given your scores and not knowing what lurks in your report, I would wait on that for six months more, or a few months after you established yourself with orchard, to show that you are currently up to date with your bills.

it doesn't hurt you to challenge what is on your report, worst case scenario is it will stay the way it is. best case scenario, it will come off and your credit score will jump. SOMEONE CORRECT ME HERE IF I AM WRONG FOR SAYING THIS.
Message 7 of 8
granny031350
Established Contributor

All discharged accounts have to report as IIB/0 balance.  It will be a derog notation but will lessen with time.  DOFD should match filing date if not before and in 7 years will fall off.  As the past due balances get changed to zero your score could go up but what makes it go up is no new lates or collection accounts or any other derogs on your credit report since the BK.  On time payments will make the score jump.  Probably give yourself 2 years to get your scores back up to the 650/700 range.  Start small. Might have to start with those rebuilder cards that charge fees, but pay off those fees and use the card, and PIF each month and you will start to see your score go up slowly. Don't expect miracles over night.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.