cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone relate to this? I need some support.

tag
JBB529
New Contributor

Can anyone relate to this? I need some support.

Here's the story. I made my first chapter 13 payment in January 2019. There has been a lot of turmoil in my life, in every way imaginable (even before the pandemic). I have had 3 different jobs since January 2019. None of this was my fault, just some unique circumstances resulting in me having to make a change. I was laid off in October of last year from a job I absolutely loved. I was there for 8 months and could have seen myself working there until I retire.

I had my plan modified about a year ago and now I am paying an amount I can actually afford, even while on unemployment, which is the only saving grace. I haven't worked in 5 months and I'm feeling super discouraged about everything, but especially my credit rebuild. Every payment feels like it's harder to make than the one before it; not financially, but in an emotionally draining way. Shouldn't it be the opposite? Has anyone else felt this type of despair so close to being done? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can anyone relate to this? I need some support.

I'm sorry you're feeling down. 
And while I have no experience with Chapter 13 bankruptcy I have  filed for Chapter 7

. It's easy to be discouraged but focus on the end game. The time will pass quickly and you'll be debt free with a fresh  start. That's pretty darn amazing. 
 Good luck to you. 

Message 2 of 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Do you have assets you are protecting via the Ch 13? It might make sense to try to convert to a 7 since you are unemployed right now. 

Message 3 of 4
JBB529
New Contributor

There are no assets that I'm protecting. I can't think of a reason that chapter 7 would make sense with less than a year remaining. Yes, I'm unemployed, but I am collecting unemployment and my wife also works. The point of my post was not "I can't afford to make the payments". I do appreciate the feedback, though.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.