Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get approved for secured or unsecured CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can’t get approved for secured or unsecured CC

I’m almost 2years out from my ch7 in September 2017. I have 3 store cards I never included in my ch7 because they have no balance. I have a credit one CC that I opened Jan 2018 small limit. I can’t seem to get approved for anything else. I just refinanced my car with Capone in December but they will not approve me for a secured or unsecured CC. They were burned in ch7. Last year the denials were because of my previous history with them. Once I hit my 1yr mark with ch7 it changed to too many inquires. I have about 12-15 inquires some from 2017 still & some from 2018. I don’t have any local credit unions that offer secured credit cards which very odd to me. But all I have on my credit is student loans, creditone, 3store cards, & a chase CC I’m an authorized user on with a $26k limit, & $8k car loan. All in good standing.

So my question is should I wait until I hit the 2yr mark to possibly retry for Capone secured or even citi secured? Or should I wait until all of my inquiries fall off the following year? Thanks for the input!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can’t get approved for secured or unsecured CC

You can get a BlueSky card without a credit check
Message 2 of 9
DatGalMoe
Valued Member

Have you tried Discover? Look at my newest post about my experience. It was the only card i was able to get after bankruptcy. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open Sky and Green Dot are 100% approval locks! Best wishes! 

Message 4 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Gotta let those inq's age. Thats quite a lot for 1 yr out. Whats yourf util sitting at with your cards.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

2%
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover does not like me. I use to have their card. This was before filing for bankruptcy, I missed one monthly payment because times were tough and I ended up closing the card to consolidate my debt in a debt repayment program. It had a small balance that I paid off in 6mos. That was in 2016. They will not preapprove me or approve me for anything because of my past account history. It’s ridiculous. They have been paid off for over 3years now and I only had one hiccup. So I’ve given up on them and talking to the reconsideration line does nothing. They will not budge.
Message 7 of 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You should be doing a little better since your DC. Again those inq's kinda made you look desparate for credit.That may be the culprit. I'd let those scoreable inq's fall off which they do on FICO after 1 yr. But like others said. Open Sky no HP nor does it report as secured. This could help you get to the 3 cards for best FICO scoring.

Is there any lates prior to BK thats hurting you too? Once those inq's fall off. You'll be in a better position to get better cards with the history of what you have now and keeping oit at 2% util. Good Luck!

Message 8 of 9
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

SDFCU has a secured credit card with no credit check.  They are a good credit union too.

Guyattthebeach

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.