Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can this be remove from my report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can this be remove from my report?

I filed chapter 7 on 01/2003 and still have some ccc reporting info. can this info and/or account be removed from my report or should I leave it as is? I have included an example that is on my report.

Bank of America

Date opened:                  Type:                                 Credit Limit:
07/1994                           Revolving                          $17,500
Reported Since:             Terms:                               High Balance:
02/1997                           NA                                     $19,458
Date of Status:                Monthly Payment:             Recent Balance:
01/2003                           $0                                      $0 as of 09/2006
Last reported:                  Responsibility:                  Recent Payment:
09/2006                           Individual                           $0
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can this be remove from my report?

I would leave it as it is....it says nothing about being IIB.  That is a good thing.  If you try to get this removed, they may update it to something negative!

I had this happen to one of my accts,  it is actually still there!  It was updated to show a zero balance, but has never shown IIB or anything negative!  And, it is listed under my closed positive TL's.

This is my opinion, I hope I am understanding your question correctly!

BK's and any relevant info stay on your report for 10 years.Smiley Sad

takin' it one day at a time
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can this be remove from my report?

Yes, I would leave it alone.  It also should say that it will stay on your credit report until Sep 2016, i.e. 10 years after it was closed.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.