Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap 1 approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 approved!

I just discharged and to be honest, I'm not sure when. I haven't received anything yet but notifications from my credit monitoring services, say that my chap 7 now states discharged. Whoo hoo!! But a few minutes ago I was reading another post and someone suggested to the person to prequal w/cap1 for the platinum. If it pops up more than like you're approved. So I tried myself and got a fraud call from Cap1 to verify my info...and guess what!! I got approved!!!! I was so shocked. The only other thing I have is my car loan. So I'm working my way up. And by the way...I burnt Cap1. What's the next suggestion? Credit profile says I don't have enough mixed accounts.
3 REPLIES 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Cap 1 approved!

If you got that comment from CK. Ignore it. Anyways. CONGRATS! Hope you went for the Plat and not the QS1. Cap1 loves heavy usage and PIF each month. Wait it out 4-6 months and if you didnt burn Disco. Try the pre-qual then. Dont get all excited right now and go app crazy. It will all fall into place in time. In 3 months. Try the upgrade link on the site here to get your Plat to the QS so you can start getting cash back. Slow and steady wins the race.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! Thanks and as advised in the other post, I went for Plat. Not quite familiar with shorthand yet so what is PIF? No Discover. Cap1 and Premiere were the only two cards I had. Premiere was fresh. Just got it like a month before I had to file. I was bummed about that. But I'm excited with that for right now so I'll be waiting for a few more months.
Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Paid in Full. Get some more history in and get ready to shut down FP before the yearly fee hits. By then maybe Disco will pop for an approval.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.