Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One APPROVAL!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One APPROVAL!!!

Sooo... I burned Cap One in my bk that was discharged in January. I tried to get another card from them a few times over the last few months and was denied. I radomly decided to give it yet another whirl last week, and I got an approval!! 

But it gets better! Guess for how much???? 3,000!!! When the customer service rep told me, I asked her to repeat herself because I was in complete disbelief and shock. Lol. I am sooooo excited! 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One APPROVAL!!!

Congratulations on your approval! I burned Cap1 for around 11k and I should be receiving my discharge some time this week. I'm hoping they let me back in.... eventually. If you don't mind sharing, how much did you burn them for?

Congrats again!
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had two cards. One with a 3,500 limit and the other with a 2300 limit.

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was even contemplating applying for two cards. That is what I did when I had them beofore. But I decided that I did not want to push it. Lol. 

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's an awesome starting limit👍
Message 5 of 28
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Cap One can be very forgiving.

I burned them and started my rebuild with a $3k plat 5 years ago.

Now I have over $80k available between 3 cards.

Use it, Pay it, Grow it.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Congrats!

Cap One can be very forgiving.

I burned them and started my rebuild with a $3k plat 5 years ago.

Now I have over $80k available between 3 cards.

Use it, Pay it, Grow it.

GL!

Thanks! At what point would you suggest that I apply for a second card with them? 

Message 7 of 28
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Nice SL also!

Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Congrats! Nice SL also!

Thanks!

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I burned Cap One... they denied me (fairly quickly I might add) I currently have a 692 EQ, 685 TU... so I’m guessing they just decided they don’t want me right now. It’s fine.. I have a Credit One with a $650 limit and a recently granted fingerhut revolving for $250. The fingerhut will never get used... the Credit one pays my cell, internet, etc and then I pay it off twice a month. I’d like access to more credit... but I’m only 4 months out of discharge.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.