Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One hates me

tag
GatorsFan84
Contributor

Cap One hates me

I've come to the conclusion that Cap One hates me and my wife.

We had 4 cards before BK and only burned them for $900.  I thought surely they would be the first to offer us a card after our discharge.

I app'd a month after discharge and auto denial blacklist.  Been checking the prequal monthly and still nothing.

It's now been a year since we filed and still no prequal.  I app'd and got the auto blacklist denial again.  No HP.

Has anyone else every had cap one hate them?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One hates me

@GatorsFan84 wrote:

We had 4 cards before BK and only burned them for $900.  I thought surely they would be the first to offer us a card after our discharge.

I app'd a month after discharge and auto denial blacklist.  Been checking the prequal monthly and still nothing.

It's now been a year since we filed and still no prequal.  I app'd and got the auto blacklist denial again.  No HP.

It should be a year from when they charge the account off, not from when you file. Most times places don't charge the account off for at least 30-90 days after they get a notice of BK or non payment. I would call and ask then when your charge off date is, and then you'll know on their end when the year is up and you can re apply.

Message 2 of 4
GatorsFan84
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@GatorsFan84 wrote:

It should be a year from when they charge the account off, not from when you file. Most times places don't charge the account off for at least 30-90 days after they get a notice of BK or non payment. I would call and ask then when your charge off date is, and then you'll know on their end when the year is up and you can re apply.

Interesting.  Most things I've read said it was a year after file date.  Ok I will do that then.  3 of the cards had no balance and the 1 had $900.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GatorsFan84 wrote:

Yup. I'm two years post d/c and am still auto denied.

I think something is wrong with my file over there. They told me about a year ago that I was denied for "pending legal action." I think my bankruptcy somehow never closed out in their system (even though it reads properly on all of my reports.)

I'm over them for the time being and gardening after my recent PenFed Cash Rewards and NFCU Cash Rewards & CLOC approvals. I may give it a try again when I'm ready for a new inquiry, but for now I'm all set.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.