Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One is whacked..in a good way

tag
markhs777
Regular Contributor

Cap One is whacked..in a good way

Two years ago I had 800 scores and cards with every major bank. Due to business failures I had to file chap 7 this past June and discharged in Oct. Cap One was included for about $25,000. After discharge applied for a secured card thru them ...denied due to past obligations. A week later went thru the pre qualified site and QS one came up and was approved for 2k and I was elated. Received the card and noticed my name was off by one letter so called and had it corrected. I am convinced because of my typo I was approved.

Fast forward to today, went thru the site again and amazingly it stated a Venture was it my sights, so why not apply. 15k Venture Visa signature approved. It is already showing up online with the QS1. Go figure.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One is whacked..in a good way

Congrats on your approvals. What's weird is how quickly they reported on your CR. Mine took forever.

Message 2 of 7
markhs777
Regular Contributor

Thx, it's not reporting on my CR but on the the Capital One site, btw applied but QS figuring on only one set of pulls and approved for $3 so my max exposure must be 20k.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL Cap One , Whacked, CAPONE (as in Al Capone) Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 7
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Capital One is one of the most generous banks I've had.   They gave me a chance when others like BoA, Chase and Amex wouldn't.   I have had more issues with Capital One that has required speaking to a Representative, like everytime I've gotten a new card, but I am happy with the outcome and pleased they have let me have credit with them again.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one is totally whacked! Finally got a congrats you might like this offer message after my discharge a couple days ago. They approved me for a Platinum $3000 CL and a QS with a $3000 CL!

whaaaaaaaat?! I burned them for $1100 in bk, as well.
They are soooo generous.

I'm never gonna burn them again!

Message 6 of 7
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

They have been very good to me as well.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.