Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one auto navigator post-discharge info

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one auto navigator post-discharge info

My discharge was Feb 22, and it just updated with all three credit bureaus over the weekend.
I have tried to pre-qualify with cap one every day since discharge, and keep getting rejected.
I just spoke with a cap one rep that told me that the system will automatically reject any new app within 24-48 hours of a prior rejection, and then the clock starts over. She also told me that if all three are not updated when I apply that it will reject it as well.
I'm going to wait a few days before trying again.
Just posting this in hopes that it will be useful information to some of you that are getting declined by cap one auto.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap one auto navigator post-discharge info

I have a problem like that too, I was discharged in Jan but only EQ and EX have updated and im fighting TU to get their crap right.

The navi denies me too. Im going to try again after TU gets it right.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

After checking on a disputed entry on TU, turns out that they are NOT showing discharged, even though they told me on the phone that it's discharged on their end.
Message 3 of 7
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Capital One is an odd ball, that’s for sure.

I say that because I am 4 plus years from my discharge; over 70K in credit; scores sitting in the mid 700s and burned Capital One for less than $300 on a Kohl’s card - yet, they refuse to let me back in...

I just tried the Auto Navigator as well as the credit card pre-qual website, and both rejected...
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang. I'm hoping that they don't continue to reject me.
Message 5 of 7
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I burned Cap on 3 cards with my BK 13, but my plan did pay them back in full. They let me back in with the Quicksilver a couple weeks after my discharge.

Message 6 of 7
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I burned Cap One and they let me back in.

4 years later I have 80k in CL and 2.49% car loan for 72 months with them.

Keep trying OP.

Once in, stay loyal, stay smart, use credit, pay it off.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.