cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 PreQual turned into 7-10day

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Cap1 PreQual turned into 7-10day

I filed in Nov 2017, Discharged in March 2018.  I was completely current with all cards including Cap1.  But they got burned for about $3500.

Since my discharge I'd never seen a prequal on their site.  But in the meantime, I got Disco Secured[$600-they still don't like me enough to graduate-they were unburnt] a week out of discharge.  Over the following 3-6 months, LendUp & Ollo stepped up.

Tuesday morning, as part of my morning routine I checked Cap1 prequalifier.  I don't do it every morning, but at least once a week.

I was surprised to get the Congrats message, offering both the QS1(w/AF) and the Platinum(no/AF).

I went for it... chose the Platinum.

I was greeted with the 'further review' and 7-10 days.

I did attempt to call in yesterday, but the hold times have been killer.  The automated status is still reporting 'reviewing'. I still haven't spoken to anybody, so I have no results yet.

I'll give them the weekend before I call again.

It's going to really suck having taken the triple hit when I recall Cap1 being REALLY accurate with their qualifier.

I wonder if the automated status line actually reports denial, or does it keep you in limbo until you receive their letter?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap1 PreQual turned into 7-10day

Are your reports frozen by any chance or a fraud alert active?
BK CH7--Filed September 25, 2018--D/C Jan.4, 2019
{FICO8 Feb.12, 2019--TU 580--EX 600--EQ 626}

Credit One Visa ($500 now $700) Nov. 2018
SelfLender (2 year) Nov. 2018
Capital One Platinum MC ($2000) Jan. 2019
Target RedCard ($500) April 2019
Venus Comenity ($500) May 2019 no HP

FICO 8 SCORES: 06-02-2019616 TU613 EX638 EQ
Message 2 of 10
Valued Member

@StartingOver2018 wrote:
Are your reports frozen by any chance or a fraud alert active?

Nope, reports are accessible and clean except for the BK related stuff 

Message 3 of 10
Valued Member

I attempted to call for status a few times in the past two weeks, in case there were questions to be asked.  But I kept running out of time and couldn't outlast the hold times... until yesterday.

I finally called in for status and had plenty of time to wait.  I apped on Jan 8th and still had not heard a peep.  Nothing in the mail, no calls, no emails, and nothing popping up in my account(Cap1 savings leftover from pre-Ch7, that I still haven't touched since filing... I mostly abandoned it)

I finally got through and asked the status.  After verification of my info, she tells me that I need to speak with another department.  I'm sitting there thinking 'Finally!'.  There is nothing they can ask me that is different than what I provided in my app.

Sure enough... Fraud department.  As I offered up to the first lady, there were probably verification questions regarding my recent move(10/18), although all reports started showing my new address by 12/18.

The fellow on the other end in the fraud department verified basics again, and during the process I told him that I was expecting verification of the recent move from day one.  He told me that they 'recently' sent a letter requesting a call/docs/etc for further information.  But now he told me to just ignore that letter as I had provided enough verification on the phone.  He said he would be passing the application forward and that I would hear soon.  I just wonder how much longer we've got to go from here.  lol, been a while already... and I'm not allowing another triple-pull if the initial ones expire Smiley Happy

Anywho... there's an update.  The wait continues.

Message 4 of 10
Valued Member

I just called in to check and got the news that the application was approved!  $2k SL

Message 5 of 10
Regular Contributor

Congratulations...😄
Message 6 of 10
Super Contributor

Congrats! Exactly how I started. After 3rd staement cuts go online and ask for a SP CLI. Month 4 upgrade to QS for cash back. Then wait for your credit steps to kick in. Your on your way now!

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC at 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game. Pay it Forward!
Message 7 of 10
Valued Member

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Congrats! Exactly how I started. After 3rd staement cuts go online and ask for a SP CLI. Month 4 upgrade to QS for cash back. Then wait for your credit steps to kick in. Your on your way now!

That was going to be my next question, but I figured I would wait until the card arrived before asking.  I wasn't sure steps would be on this card.

I planned on month #3, depending on whether I put spend on it or not.  Since I've been running everything via the others, and I'll be carrying balances for a few months, I wasn't sure that would work out for me.

But eh, it's a SP... so I probably will.

Since the 2 of the 3 others will be carrying a balance, I planned on SD'ing this one(util reasons) until the others come down a tad.

Now if I could just get Discover to send me back my deposit. lol, could be a little while with balances on the others.

Message 8 of 10
Frequent Contributor

Hooray!!! Great news!Smiley Very Happy

@TonyUFN1 wrote:

I just called in to check and got the news that the application was approved!  $2k SL

BK CH7--Filed September 25, 2018--D/C Jan.4, 2019
{FICO8 Feb.12, 2019--TU 580--EX 600--EQ 626}

Credit One Visa ($500 now $700) Nov. 2018
SelfLender (2 year) Nov. 2018
Capital One Platinum MC ($2000) Jan. 2019
Target RedCard ($500) April 2019
Venus Comenity ($500) May 2019 no HP

FICO 8 SCORES: 06-02-2019616 TU613 EX638 EQ
Message 9 of 10
Community Leader
Super Contributor

thats great congrats on the approval!!

My rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you!
BK7 D/C- 08/2013
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.