Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 after ch7 with no pre-approvals?

tag
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

Cap1 after ch7 with no pre-approvals?

I discharged my chp7 almost 2 months ago. 3 fico scores @ 610. Cap1 sight shows no prequal offers buy CK and Ex sites show cap1 QS as very good or excellent odds. Has anyone gotten a cap1 card close to discharge date with no offers showin on their prequal sight? I did burn them for about $1000

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap1 after ch7 with no pre-approvals?

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

I discharged my chp7 almost 2 months ago. 3 fico scores @ 610. Cap1 sight shows no prequal offers buy CK and Ex sites show cap1 QS as very good or excellent odds. Has anyone gotten a cap1 card close to discharge date with no offers showin on their prequal sight? I did burn them for about $1000

Cap 1 varies it appears (from what I've read on this forum).

Did you do the Cap 1 pre-qual on their website? It is a soft pull (and a hard pull if you submit the real app, I think). 

@FireMedic1 anything to add?

CK and Experian are just guessing. Go straight to the source!

Siggy updated Feb 16 2023
Chapter 7 BK discharge: 12/19/22
Inquiries: 6/6mo 7/12mo 7/24mo – Latest inquiry: NFCU - Approved 01/23
Financial Goals: Continue to build by wellness business (currently a DBA), heal my credit report with time and good payment history
“You’re never gonna make the shots you don’t take, so you might as well fire away!” – Little Big Town (music group)

Message 2 of 14
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

Credit Score of 610 doesn't seem to bad for 2 mo out of BK7. Good job. Good luck!

You are three or four months ahead of me. Keep us updated. 

Financial Goals: Continue to build by wellness business (currently a DBA), heal my credit report with time and good payment history
“You’re never gonna make the shots you don’t take, so you might as well fire away!” – Little Big Town (music group)

Message 3 of 14
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

@DogwoodLynx wrote:

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

Did you do the Cap 1 pre-qual on their website? It is a soft pull (and a hard pull if you submit the real app, I think). 

I mentioned in my OP that I had no prequal offers on the cap1 site

Message 4 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

Do you mean you filed "almost 2 months ago"? And waiting for DC to happen?

Message 5 of 14
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

Oops. You did! I read your post as you checking through CK/Exp.

My bad!

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

@DogwoodLynx wrote:

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

I mentioned in my OP that I had no prequal offers on the cap1 site

Message 6 of 14
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

I still haven't heard anyone say they got approved after not getting any offers on the prequal cap1 site. Anyone have any experience with that?

Message 7 of 14
DogwoodLynx
Frequent Contributor

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

I still haven't heard anyone say they got approved after not getting any offers on the prequal cap1 site. Anyone have any experience with that?

If you didnt get a prequal I wouldnt officially apply. It woukd probably be a waste of a hardpull. 

Message 8 of 14
Pway
Valued Contributor

@DogwoodLynx wrote:

@PrinceCorwin wrote:

If you didnt get a prequal I wouldnt officially apply. It woukd probably be a waste of a hardpull. 

I agree with this ^^^^

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 9 of 14
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

I also agree and also would not try especially because CapOne does a triple Hard Pull. An application will result in an inquiry to each CRA.

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.