Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Card After Bankruptcy

tag
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One Credit Card After Bankruptcy

I have absolutely no data to back this up - but perhaps it may make a difference as to how much your balance was that you included in your BK with C1?

I could see them not being to willing to lend a hand if you had a 30k balance when filing versus a 300........

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. I bit the bullet and went for it after checking the preapproval form online, Got approved for a cash rewards card with $1,000 limit. These forum is full of great advice, by paying off my cards last month was able to get approved for a number of offers just 18 months post bankruptcy. I am now planning to move into the garden to grow my little seedlings and work on getting a few errors cleaned off my reports. Thanks one and all for all the great advice.

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG! i thought i was the only one they did that too!  i discharged a chapter 7 in Feb 2005 and not even 3 months later...A capital one card showed up in the mail!

Message 13 of 25
pjenny1973
Established Member

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Im new to this
Message 14 of 25
mommy2mimi
Established Member

I also burned capital one in my bk. They approved me for a secure card 200 limit and a classic card 300 limit. These are my 1st 2 cc.

Message 15 of 25
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

How much did you burn them for? I can't even get them to look at me. :-(
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 16 of 25
bunga7
Regular Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:
How much did you burn them for? I can't even get them to look at me. :-(

I burned them for $800 and they won't look at me either.

Starting Score 12/2013: 547 EQ; 529 EX; 540 TU
Current Score: 3/8/16 711 EQ Fico; 710 EX (CU hard pull); 701 TU Fico
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 25
mommy2mimi
Established Member

I believe I burned them for well over 2000-3000 bucks

Message 18 of 25
Jagajaga
New Contributor

I was discharged from Bk on 5/22 I included Cap 1 in my BK filing. On 6/1 i was approved for 1k limit with Capital One. So there is hope. Hope this helps you.

Filed BK7: 2/2014 (start score EQ 450) Discharge 5/2014
666 EQ FICO 12/2015
$18k NFCU cashRewards |NFCU LOC 15k | $1.5k Barclay Rewards| $4.5k Cap1 Quicksilver| $1.5k Cap1.
Message 19 of 25
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

I burnt CapOne in my Bk7 back in 2010 for like 3k or less. Now I am holding their QS1 with 3k limit and got instant approval for their Venture Card on Sunday night with a credit limit of 10k. I have no idea how or why I got approved because that card is supposedly reserved for those with "excellent" credit. I am happy. I couldn't believe the approval was real and called CapOne today to check the status of my application. The lady said I was approved ! Now I know I am not dreaming. My first 10k limit visa signature card. All my other cards are under 3.5k limit.
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.