Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Issues 2 months after DC

tag
daveg38
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Issues 2 months after DC

Let me see if this explanation of my situation helps everyone.

My Capital One cards charged off in March of 2014. It was indicated on my credit report as a "CO" entry.

I filed Ch7 on 2/2016. Discharged 5/2016.

Applied for Capital One 5/16 (like within a week of discharge, one bureau still hadn't reported the discharge). Approved for QS1.

Had I applied in February of 2015, I would show the same thing the OP did (still within the 1 year rule).

Another way to gauge approval would be to apply for their Platinum card (but don't fill anything out) and read their disclosures on what may disqualify you from applying.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the card is not charged off before you file BK
It will be charged off the day of you BK discharge. So you will be let back in after a year post your discharged. I was in the same boat seen people post they got approve days after discharged and I did not have any luck
I was trying and trying and nothing I decided
To investigate and that's what I found out.

Mine was not charge off when I file I file 3/25/15 was discharged 6/2515 that's when my capital one we'll all the cards for that matter that weren't charge off yet they automatically where the day of discharge. So I apply for capital one 6/26/16 and got approve.
Message 12 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

How could you have been approved on 6/26/16 when that date isn't even here yet? Lol
Message 13 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

My bad I was approved 3/26/16 sorry trying to type fast correction your cards charged offs will be the day you file. So I file 3/25/15 discharge 6/2515 got approved 3/26/16
Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too many dates gets confusing and trying to type fast worse sorry for the error LOL
Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol done it myself. Just thought it was funny Smiley Happy thanks for the input
Message 16 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE!!!!

Called automated application system today. Entered in SSN and got the APPROVED message. I then spoke to a represenative, and I was APPROVED for QS1 for $3,000 CL!!!

Message 17 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats awesome!!

When was the official charge off date and when was your discharge?

I was DC 03/16 and I'm still blacklisted as I hadn't been charged off before my DC Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATULATIONS!  So, if you don't mind me asking, when exactly did you charge off with Cap1?  Just curious.  I am one of the ones who hadn't charged off prior to filing BK which was on 3/24/16 so it sounds like I have to wait until next year to attempt another shot at Cap 1.

Message 19 of 36
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE!!!!

Called automated application system today. Entered in SSN and got the APPROVED message. I then spoke to a represenative, and I was APPROVED for QS1 for $3,000 CL!!!

Awesome news! Great SL Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.