Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum PC and CLI questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Platinum PC and CLI questions

Good morning!

I applied for a Capital One Platinum card and was approved on August 3, 2020. Credit line is $300.

I used it heavily when it opened and made lots of payments. I'm still waiting for the first statement so I paid the balance to $22.84 and have put the card away until the statement is done so it should report a 7.6% utilization.

When can I ask for a credit line increase? And when can I ask to change it to a Quicksilver card? Also, I have not received any Credit Steps information so I'm not sure if we automatically qualify? How can I best work this card to build the relationship with Capital One and grow the card?

I did not burn Capital One with my BK. This is my first card since Ch7.

Thank you so much!

7 REPLIES 7
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Platinum PC and CLI questions

You won't be eligible for a CLI for 6 months.  I think product changes only may become available after 100 days.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 2 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Bookmark this link. You can try it whenever and see when it will let you upgrade. Your first statement will say the CS thing and how many payments you have left to your CLI. If its $500. And you do get a lets say $300 CLI. Once steps is over you'll only get $200. Its stay at $500 either way. The old days were nice but no longer are in effect. Good Luck!

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade  

Message 3 of 8
Music1
Established Member

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Bookmark this link. You can try it whenever and see when it will let you upgrade. Your first statement will say the CS thing and how many payments you have left to your CLI. If its $500. And you do get a lets say $300 CLI. Once steps is over you'll only get $200. Its stay at $500 either way. The old days were nice but no longer are in effect. Good Luck!

https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade  

I was told by Cap1 when I got my second card from them last month that they did away with the credit steps in May. My first card I got on 2/20 I PC to a QS 6/20. 

Message 4 of 8
FICO_24-7

I'm in a similar situation with the Capital One Platinum unsecured Mastercard. I applied in July in the same month after my Ch13 discharge and was approved for $300. Just this week after two closing statements I got approved for a CLI of $100 for a total limit of $400. You can request this increase through the mobile app and presumably on their website.  
I am not sure when a product change is possible. 

Message 5 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Music1 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

I was told by Cap1 when I got my second card from them last month that they did away with the credit steps in May. My first card I got on 2/20 I PC to a QS 6/20. 

It's because just about all of their cards have a similar program now with an increase at the 6 month mark.

Message 6 of 8
minimock
Frequent Contributor

WOW, just tried the link, upgraded, right after a requested CLI about a week ago, QuickSilver at $1100

i have been maxing out and paying the card off every month, but the cash back will be nice.

thanks for the link, btw I'm B7 dismissed 9 months now.

Message 7 of 8
ALLgoodABQ
Contributor

I've been wanting to upgrade to the QS as well. Got the platinum in July with 300cl, and my 5th statement just cut on Dec. 9th. I use and pay off in full every month. Just tried that link and was upgraded to QS, but it said my limit and interest rate stayed the same.

I'm wondering if upgrading will affect me getting the 6 month cli?

But at least its a QS now!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.