Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Prequal

tag
bshockley1981
New Contributor

Capital One Prequal

Had a question, when I put in my old address, I am prequalified but when I put in my new address, nothing comes up. We just moved a couple months ago and my new address isn't on my reports yet. Any insight if I use my old address and call, they will send to my new address?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Prequal

I would put in the new address to avoid setting off alarms with the fraud dept. No use in adding more headaches. Whether you pre-qual or not, you can still be denied.

If you put the old addy and then call them, they could claim you falsified your app and close the account. That would be 3 hp for nothing. Ouch! 

If you put the new address, you may have to go thru verification which can be pretty simple. 

Just my 2 cents! 

Also, I would update my address on all 3 CB if you haven't yet. This can help avoid this in the future. 

Message 2 of 7
bshockley1981
New Contributor

Thanks for the insight!!!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, if you do go through with application and get approved, try for a second that day.  They only do one hard pull per day so even if you get denied on the 2nd one it doesn't affect your credit score.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 only allows one card per 6 months. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has that changed in the last year?  I got my QuickSilver and Venture on the same day 1 month after discharge.

Message 6 of 7
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has that changed in the last year?  I got my QuickSilver and Venture on the same day 1 month after discharge.

Yes, it has changed unfortunately

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.