Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Really is Forgiving!

tag
328James
Valued Member

Capital One Really is Forgiving!

I filed Chapter 13 in June of 2016.  My bk was discharged 2 days ago but for the last year I have been rebuilding with some success.  I have added a Credit One card with $800 limit, NFCU secured for $300 and wanted one more card before I garden for a year.  I tried to prequalify with Discover and Citi but no go.  Tonight I decided to try Capital One and I qualified for the Platinum.  I was hesitant since I burned them in my bk but decided to go ahead and app but was pleasantly surprised when I was approved for the Platinum for $2000 SL.  I also added a self lender loan to give me a revolving account reporting.  Time to tend to the seeds I have planted.  Smiley Happy

To all of you who are rebuilding..... trust the advice of the ones who have gone through this.  Their guidance and information is invaluable!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Really is Forgiving!

Congrats! Now in 3 months you can upgrade the Plat to the QS and get some cash back. Link is on the forum. You got whats needed for the FICO rebuild bonus. Use your cards and follow AZEO. Cap1 likes heavy usage and PIF. In time NFCU will graduate and then it all starts to grow. Yes garden for a while and let it all age. Then more doors will open up!

Message 2 of 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Really is Forgiving!

Well done! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.