Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Savor One question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Savor One question...

I currently have a Cap1 card with a $500 limit, started at $300, then they 'rewarded' me with a $200 increase after 5 payments, typical deal after Bk. They won't give me an increase yet, I tried. I have got 2 offers in the past 3 weeks from them in the mail for the Savor One, 'preapproved', 0% APR until June 2020, so 9 months, essentially, and it says "access to a higher credit line after your first 5 payments on time"....THAT'S the crappy part I guess, that wording was the same wording for my other card and for MANY starter cards....I do not need another $300 or $500 limit card. I was excited to see the preapproval in the mail and others high starting limits, but it sounds like they will start me low. My scores are all right around 650 and I have excellent card payment history with all my other cards, do you think they're going to low ball my credit limit, or does anyone know if they have a minimum starting credit line?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Savor One question...

Welcome. Without knowing any of your stats. As you grow with Cap1 in most cases. The SL's increase also. You didnt say how many cards you have. Whats in your wallet now and when did you get them. That would help.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Ollo $500, Merrick Bank $1100, Ulta $500, Capital1 $500, and Kohls $300. Bk discharged 10/19, my scores started terrible of course, but are now all around 650. I got all these cards within 3 months of my discharge, so they all have a solid 6-7 months of reporting. I would love a higher limit card but don't want to pull the trigger for another $500 sl. My MB card is set to double to $2200 next month, and Kohls of course is terrible with upping limits, but they are Cap1, so I just don't know if I should bother with the 'preapproved' offer due to the wording of the offer.
Message 3 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have Ollo $500, Merrick Bank $1100, Ulta $500, Capital1 $500, and Kohls $300. Bk discharged 10/19,you mean 10/18? Smiley Wink my scores started terrible of course, but are now all around 650. I got all these cards within 3 months of my discharge, so they all have a solid 6-7 months of reporting. I would love a higher limit card but don't want to pull the trigger for another $500 sl. My MB card is set to double to $2200 next month, and Kohls of course is terrible with upping limits, but they are Cap1, so I just don't know if I should bother with the 'preapproved' offer due to the wording of the offer.

Your best shot is wait a little longer. At least until these all the HP's that led to your approvals fall of the FICO radar after 1 year. 5 cards back to back in 3 months was a tad too much. And they are still young. Get a year or more in and you'll be in a btter position then. I'd say give it another 6 months until the next app. If you didn't burn Disco. You could try then. It wont take much longer to get where you want to be. Time is your best friend for now. Hope your keeping your util low as you use the cards. Baby steps for now. Your almost there.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right, I don't need more credit, I just missed the credit I had before my BK. Unfortunately, I tried the Discover pre-qual, entered my info, which included my FULL SS#, and I got the "congratulations, you're prequalified for the Discover it cash back Discover chrome", so I applied for the cash back card, and it says "sorry, we can't approve you at this time, you'll get a letter in the mail in 7-10 days"....well, why on Earth did you prequal me AFTER I input my full SS#?! Guarantee the letter will say because I previously burned them.....ugh, what a waste of another inquiry.
Message 5 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Oh well. That sucks. Take it as a sign your time isnt ready just to grow with another card yet. Good things come to those who wait. Little more time and they will come easier next time.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

On an odd note, looking at your name (firemedic), do you happen to have a car with that license plate?  

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming that your bk DC was 10/19/18? I'm also getting the prequal for the SavorOne as well, but I am just going to wait since I really don't want the triple pull on my credit report right now. Although I just received an auto cli of $2500 with Capital One, I don't want another one of their "bucketed" cards or low starting limits.

If you have a way in with NFCU, I would suggest joining and perhaps trying with them down the road. If you look at my signature, you will notice that I also had a bk DC last October.

Good luck!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!  C1 gave you a $2500 increase??  I wish!  I started at $300 then went to $500 after my first 5 payments, that was 2 months ago...hopefully they reward me with a big increase like you!  And yes, 10/18 was my discharge date.  Next month, 1 year out!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they gave me an auto cli of $2500. I about fell off my chair when I read that email! It started as a Platinum with a $300 sl, pc'd it to a QS after a couple months, then asked for a cli at 4 months, went to $400, then auto to $500 when I finished my steps. The $2500 came about 4 months later.

I recently had 2 secured cards graduate to unsecured with large cli (Discover after 7 statements in June or July $400--->$2000, and Navy Federal after 5 statements in August $500--->$2000) so I am thinking that is what triggered the auto cli with Cap1. Maybe they wanted to keep up with the competition? I don't know but I'll take it! 😁

I'm also counting down to that 1 year... mine is 10/23 😁
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.