Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One after BK?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One after BK?

For anyone who has gone through BK and had CapOne included, about how long after discharge did they let you back in?  I'm 2 months post now and their prequal site still says nothing offered at this time.  So far I have been approved for a Discover It Secured, Overstock, and Kohls.  The latter two are going to be use once a month and PIF, the Discover has all of our small recurring monthly items and is PIF as well.

I'd like to get the GMBuyPower card and I see that it's a CapOne card.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One after BK?

Usually 1 yr after being IIB. YMMV

Message 2 of 14
Hex
Valued Contributor

I have a BK 7 from 2016. Cap1 was not IIB. I have a plat at $2400 a QS at $15K and a Venture at $30K. They have denied me for the Buypower card twice. Sadly there's no prequal for it so its always a cold app. It confuses me.
Message 3 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Can be anywhere from day of DC to 1 yr post DC. my personally I think it was it was a few weeks post DC, and they were IIB. Keep looking at the cap one pre-qual site.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll have to keep checking every now and then.  Still nothing offered today.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took me about 14 months after filing to get back in. I checked the prequal site monthly until it said I was pre-qualified. They will let you back in but it may take a little time. Good luck on your rebuild!

Message 6 of 14
shadanat
Frequent Contributor

They let me back in 8 months post discharge. I burned them for $1500. I refinanced my car with them five months post discharge so I'm not sure if that played a part in it.

I didn't have anything via the pre-qualification so I just cold apped. When I did it at the time I refinanced the car, it was an auto decline but they didn't pull my credit. At 8 months, they pulled all three.

Message 7 of 14
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

13 Months after CHARGE OFF date

Message 8 of 14
texasguppie
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For anyone who has gone through BK and had CapOne included, about how long after discharge did they let you back in?  I'm 2 months post now and their prequal site still says nothing offered at this time.  So far I have been approved for a Discover It Secured, Overstock, and Kohls.  The latter two are going to be use once a month and PIF, the Discover has all of our small recurring monthly items and is PIF as well.

I'd like to get the GMBuyPower card and I see that it's a CapOne card.

For me, 12 months post discharge and just a heads up; the prequal site dissed me every single time but with no hard pull.

I finally decided to app it outright and BINGO! Approved with a $500 CL.

The approval resulted in a hard pull.

They'll let you back in...just depends on which door you choose to knock on to ask.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

CapOne IIB for 5k for me and about 2k for my wife. I was approved for a capital one platinum before discharge for $300 and my wife wasn’t approved until after discharge and she only got approved for a secured card with a $200 limit and $49 deposit fee.

I think everyone is different.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.