Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One after BK?

tag
totallymytravis
New Contributor

Re: Capital One after BK?

After reading this thread I was inspired so went to the prequal site. Cap1 was IIB about $7k on 3 cards. When I was 6 months post discharge I went to the prequalified site and had no results. Applied anyway for their secured card and was denied right off the bat with no pull. About once a month I check the prequalified site. I checked today and it recommended I apply for the platinum and The Quicksilver rewards. Applied for the quicksilver thinking this must be a mistake.... Approved $3000! 10 months post discharge. I’m beyond thrilled! I never thought I would be able to have a card this far out from my discharge let alone at a $3k limit unsecured with CapitalOne. Guess I’m canceling my CreditOne card on 2 months absolutely no need for that card anymore!
Message 11 of 14
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

Burned Capital One for around 3000. Got back in with them as of today 3 months out of BK7. 3k limit. I don't know why. Either way, they happily took me back early and I am not going to mess it up. Its a YMMV, but the prequal site is helpful.

Should mention I have been babying two rebuilder cards (credit one and premier) and its been helping my score. I can safely let go of premier at some point and just work on capital one and credit one.  Kind of like Credit One...

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PleioneG wrote:

Burned Capital One for around 3000. Got back in with them as of today 3 months out of BK7. 3k limit. I don't know why. Either way, they happily took me back early and I am not going to mess it up. Its a YMMV, but the prequal site is helpful.

Should mention I have been babying two rebuilder cards (credit one and premier) and its been helping my score. I can safely let go of premier at some point and just work on capital one and credit one.  Kind of like Credit One...

Niiiccee! Congrats! I burned them for 1500. I am currently in a BK13 though, so I don't know how that works with them letting me back in. I guess "technically" since its not "discharged", I would have to wait 4 years Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 14
Buckwheat2U
Regular Contributor

I got my my QS1 one month after DC of my Ch13 with a $3000 CL but I don't remember if I ran a prequal or not as I was going by the FAKO scores and recommendations on Credit Sesame which I understand are about as accurate as a broken clock. I had burned them for a couple of grand as near as I can remember but my car was financed through them so they got paid off on that.

As of 7/26/2020

Amazon-Prime-Store-Card
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.