Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One & Household in BK

tag
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

Capital One & Household in BK

I hear that Captial One and Household are good places to go when looking for a company to finance a vehile.  Do they have a blacklist for the people who have included them in a BK even if it was only a credit card?
img src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/i
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One & Household in BK

I just got a credit card from Capital one.  The funny thing is I included them with 3 credit cards from them and 1 auto loan from them on a chapter 7 bankruptcy early this year.  I would have thought they would turn me down.  It's small with only 300 limit but no anual fee.
Message 2 of 5
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

Did you submit your app online?  Did they tell you than or not if you was approved?  I got the 7-10 days notice and possible 15dys before receiving any info.  If I am denied should I send a reconsider letter?  I applied for Best Buy on 12/24 and receive the 7-10 instore and receive the letter 1/03/08 stating the reason for denial is due to BK. When I visited www.whogavemecredit.com it list some people receive the Best Buy card that had had a BK.  I am think about trying to send the reconsider letter.  I receive to pre-approval in the mail from CreditOne and when I applied I was denied twice.  What do you think I should do?  Things have improve since the first time I applied.  I hear they have a secured card.  Should I try that?
img src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/i
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on how long you've been out of BK. You'll get a way better interest rate with a credit union and the credit union I'm suggesting everyone to just being out of BK myself is

I come from another forum, which I don't think I'm allowed to mention on here but they have helped throughout my BK ordeal during and after. This woman was out of Bk for 2 years and got 6.50% interest on a new car loan. I applied but they do not finance 72 months so I have to wait a bit and get my loan paid down. I'm currently with CAP ONE at 12%, I was with HSBC at 15%. CAP ONE just took over my loan so I'm saving $5000 IF I were to pay my car off over the extent of 72months HOWEVER, I plan to knock it off earlier than THAT!

Best of Luck to you all ! Catchmeifyoucan
Message 4 of 5
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

CATCHMEIFYOUCAN-

WHAT FORUM OR SITE ARE YOU WITH THAT HAS HELPED YOU? IF YOU DONT WANT TO POST IT CAN YOU MSG IT TO ME?? I'M JUST INTERESTED IN OBTAINING ALL THE KNOWLEDGE I CAN...THANKS
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.