Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one CLI declined...

tag
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Capital one CLI declined...

My 3rd statement cut on the 13th, balance reported 34/1000, paid to 0 the next day pushed the Lov button received 2 , 3 days message. Today received the reason for denial which is " low monthly payments ". I put between 2000 and 3000 a month and pay in full. I really don't know what is the reason behind the denial other than the low monthly payments they are using as an excuse. Do you think I should call CS and find out or its useless with Capital one?.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital one CLI declined...

Cap1 is all computer processed. Whatever the higher ups want for the programmer to put in the server. No one can over rule it. Cap1 like many other banks come up with some makes no sense verbage to say no ticket for you just yet. Just like my last $2200 SP CLI with Disco. Week before was the unsufficent blah blah responce. Cap1 has been changing since 2015. They've tighten things up a bit. But at least its a SP and you can try again until it hits.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 is right. These banks just have computer systems that deny and approve applications all day. Very little human interaction is involved.
In my experience with credit cards, the only time I’ve ever dealt with a human is when I would call customer service or when they would call me demanding payment.
Message 3 of 5
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

I could of accept the fact that the account is too new but claiming that I am making small payments that is not acceptable. So I called this morning and told me that the system approve or decline any request. Now I know there CS is useless at this point. I am thinking to wait for the next statement to cut and try again.

Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You can try once a week or after staement cuts. There hasnt been a pinpoint DP of when is the best time. Like I said back in 2015-16. Things were much easier to get CLI's and approvals. Times change and we have to live with it. It is what it is.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.