Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one auto navigator prequalify

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one auto navigator prequalify

Is a capital one auto navigator prequalify solid? Has anyone been pre qualified and denied at the dealership? Please advise. I am trying to get out of my expensive into something cheaper after realizing that my car was not affirmed in BK. Please help!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one auto navigator prequalify

I've never been turned down at dealer when using it but I haven't tried post BK either. Usually the dealer wants to beat capital one though.
Message 2 of 6
Fx6cowboy
Contributor

I was prequalified through the CapOne navigator, and when I went to the dealer it was a true approval with 0 down and 100% financing. (Scores below dec 2018) But the answer is no it’s not a firm approval because it only means you’re a good candidate for an approval based on everything that you stated on your pre qualifying app. CapOne also looks for required vehicle information such year and mileage. But that’s easy because this is clearly disclosed to you.

So as long as everything you stated on the app is truthful then you have a very high chance of becoming actually approved by Capital One. Hope this helps!🙂

Started from the bottom now I'm here. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
BoomerSooner1
Established Member

Pre-qualify/pre-approval worked for me and my wife. We were initially "approved" just 3 weeks post-discharge, end of July 2018. The first one was only good for 30 day and we couldn't find the right vehicle for us during that time, so we had to re-pre-qual at the end of August and bought within a week afterwards. I was pretty nervous at the dealership that something was going to fall through, but it all worked out! Financed around $37k - had to put $500 down to stay within their limits - @ 9.29% on the vehicle we wanted. Of all the vehicle options on the CapOne site, we could've financed as low as 6.7%, but on a different make/model. We planned to refi within 6 months anyway (coming up next month), so the higher rate didn't bother us too much.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response!
I did go ahead and purchase a vehicle through their auto navigator prequal today. I ended up putting $5k down and finance $35k through them at 10.99%. The lowest interest I got on their site was 7.99% for a model year newer than I bough but it required more money down than I was willing to put down. It all did work out but I’ll mention this though, the sales rep did act differently towards my entire transaction with them this time.The attitude was totally different than 3 years ago when I walked in to the same dealership with a certified check from my credit union for 60k at only 2% interest. But just like you I hope to rebuild for the next 6 months and hopefully refi through navyfed in 6 months. I wish you all the best!
Message 5 of 6
BoomerSooner1
Established Member

Thanks and likewise... glad it worked out for you, too. It was our first time at the dealership we ended up buying through, but they really didn't seem to mind the CapOne pre-qual piece. The only thing they did that I didn't like was trying a few other lenders to see if they could beat CapOne's rate, even though I told them I didn't want any other HPs and was fine with the CapOne deal.  It cost me 3 additional HPs with no other approvals, but after getting to the end of the CapOne process and driving away in a new ride, I wasn't too upset. LOL 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.