cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Loan and Bankruptcy

tag
tg55

Car Loan and Bankruptcy

Hi, I filed for Bankruptcy in October of 2005 and discharged all my credit cards, however I am currently paying on a car loan that was also included in Bankruptcy! My lawyer told me I had to include it! I have asked the company to report that this is being paid! They said that they cannot do this that Federal Laws prevent them from doing this. Trans Union has stated that I am currently paying as agreed on their reports but Experian and Equifax do not! What are my options when I get done paying for the loan. I want the loan to be reported that I paid it in full which I intend to do! Is the car loan company obligated to send me a letter saying that I paid off the loan or am I out of luck on this!

Thanks Terry G

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Car Loan and Bankruptcy

You might want to file a discrepancy letter with the credit bureaus that don't list your payment history.
Message 2 of 4
tg55

Thanks! I wasn't aware that there was such a thing as a discrepancy letter! How do I do this?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a couple of ways, one is through the dispute option in the particular credit report.  That also shows up when you buy the report/score from myFICO.  That is the one I am most familiar with. There are also firms that specialize in disputing credit reports.

I hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.